Front National Wins in France

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 08:45 AM
RE: Front National Wins in France
(29-07-2014 08:30 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 12:53 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  EU elections are irrelevant. They have no power. Nationalist parties are the only ones that actually care about those elections. And when they do win they just want to limit the power of the entire institution.

Find me a developed state without voter apathy, and then we'll talk.

(29-07-2014 12:53 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  That isn't to say that there are institutions part of the EU which wield huge power, but those are undemocratic.

The European parliament has the power to set budgets and pass legislation. By what standard is that "powerless"? It cannot propose legislation, because the democratic governments comprising the member states do not wish to grant it that power.

Which institutions are undemocratic? Is it the Council? Whose members are the democratically elected national governments? The Commission? Whose members are appointed by the democratically elected national governments? The Court of Justice? Whose members are chosen by the democratically elected national governments?

Or perhaps you mean the eurozone Bank. As a central bank - as with all central banks - it's technocratic in nature but also accountable to the Parliament and Council, which are themselves democratically accountable... Its capital is held by the central banks of the member states, accountable to the democratic governments of the respective member states.

So you can either go full-bore "lol conspiracy" on every election ever (an option, I guess), or admit the democratic basis for common European institutions.

(29-07-2014 12:53 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Which just shows that the EU is at best a joke, at worst a puppet for US state dep. interests.

Is there any basis at all for this besides lol conspiracy?

Last I checked, the United States and the various European states disagreed on all sorts of things.

Well someone has to pick up the slack now that I&I is gone.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Yes, UKIP did well here in England on the very same principle of immigration.

What are the National Fronts other policies, apart from immigration? (if they have a manifesto)

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
29-07-2014, 03:50 PM
(29-07-2014 09:39 AM)bemore Wrote:  Yes, UKIP did well here in England on the very same principle of immigration.

What are the National Fronts other policies, apart from immigration? (if they have a manifesto)

They want a mixed economy and stronger policy on crime. Radically unlike UKIP they are republican, and defend secular values.