Fronts of ships falling off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Fronts of ships falling off
I saw this very enlightening video on facebook. It explains how oil tankers are built to the highest possible standards so the fronts don't fall off...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like ghostexorcist's post
26-01-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: Fronts of ships falling off
Lol, seen this one many times. Classic.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
Find all posts by this user
26-01-2016, 04:46 PM
"I'm not saying it wasn't safe, just perhaps not as safe as the other ones." Laughat

"Twenty thousand tonnes of crude oil fell into the sea and caught fire. It's a bit of a give away. I'd just like to make the point that that is NOT normal." Hobo

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Funny! Right there with Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?" routine.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-01-2016, 06:09 PM
The pair are very good comedians and have been doing that gig on our Government station for a while. Look up some of their other comedy series. The one they did on Sydney building up for the Olympics was also pretty good. Smile
26-01-2016, 06:20 PM
(26-01-2016 03:35 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I saw this very enlightening video on facebook. It explains how oil tankers are built to the highest possible standards so the fronts don't fall off...

That reminds me of a Christian arguing. My Father for instance! THey towed the ship out of the environment.No environment out there!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
26-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Liberty ships had a wee bit of a problem in WWII.

[Image: 300px-TankerSchenectady.jpg]

And yes, that's not a liberty ship, I couldn't find a picture of one that had broken up on the Murmansk run, they sank too quickly I guess. The concept is still the same.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
27-01-2016, 03:08 AM
(26-01-2016 06:09 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  The pair are very good comedians and have been doing that gig on our Government station for a while. Look up some of their other comedy series. The one they did on Sydney building up for the Olympics was also pretty good. Smile

... and the British version is the two Johns, Bird and Fortune.

Here's a non-typical example...