Frustrated....so frustrated.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: Frustrated....so frustrated.
(11-08-2012 06:40 PM)angela_means_fallen_angel Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 06:18 PM)DLJ Wrote:  My itching fingers would type something like:
Faith is such a comfort at times like these. What saddens me so much and what I try so hard to understand is why GOD was deaf to the other mother's prayers; How could GOD be so cruel to give a child leukemia or brain damage or an extra chromosome? Why do innocent children need to suffer for GOD's plan. It is so, so hard to understand. It makes me cry.

That's EXACTLY what I would love to say.

So say it.
If your friends know you are an atheist you might get some negative feedback. If they don't know, they will think you are just wavering in your faith.
It's hard to believe that even the most ardent theist has not had similar thoughts.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 07:12 PM
(11-08-2012 05:39 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Most theists are really terrible when it comes to their spelling.

I could probably manage a funnier reply, but I'm distracted by the OP's avatar.
And 10 minutes later she'll have a hairy man butt for an avatar pic just to spite you.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
11-08-2012, 07:45 PM
(11-08-2012 05:57 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  How about British accents?
I thought you were Irish? Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
(11-08-2012 06:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The house rules are: No gods, no dogs, no men, no durian!

No durian? Take it to the balcony. With a cross breeze. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
(11-08-2012 06:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 06:40 PM)angela_means_fallen_angel Wrote:  That's EXACTLY what I would love to say.

So say it.
If your friends know you are an atheist you might get some negative feedback. If they don't know, they will think you are just wavering in your faith.
It's hard to believe that even the most ardent theist has not had similar thoughts.

I would agree BUT... the negative feedback might turn into a full-on faith intervention. No one wants a gang proselytization.
Ew. It even sounds uncomfortable. Undecided

11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
(11-08-2012 07:12 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 05:39 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Most theists are really terrible when it comes to their spelling.

I could probably manage a funnier reply, but I'm distracted by the OP's avatar.
And 10 minutes later she'll have a hairy man butt for an avatar pic just to spite you.

Eww

She said all a body would have to do there was to go around all day long with a harp and sing. So I didn't think much of it. But I never said so. I asked her if she reckoned Tom Sawyer would go there, and she said not by a considerable sight. I was glad about that, because I wanted him and me to be together. - Huck Finn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Frustrated....so frustrated.
(11-08-2012 06:40 PM)angela_means_fallen_angel Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 06:18 PM)DLJ Wrote:  My itching fingers would type something like:
Faith is such a comfort at times like these. What saddens me so much and what I try so hard to understand is why GOD was deaf to the other mother's prayers; How could GOD be so cruel to give a child leukemia or brain damage or an extra chromosome? Why do innocent children need to suffer for GOD's plan. It is so, so hard to understand. It makes me cry.

That's EXACTLY what I would love to say.

You might just put that as your status. It doesn't have to be directed at your friend.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
11-08-2012, 08:45 PM
(11-08-2012 07:57 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 06:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So say it.

I would agree BUT... the negative feedback might turn into a full-on faith intervention. No one wants a gang proselytization.
Ew. It even sounds uncomfortable. Undecided

It's even worse than it sounds. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
11-08-2012, 08:56 PM
(11-08-2012 07:50 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 06:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The house rules are: No gods, no dogs, no men, no durian!

No durian? Take it to the balcony. With a cross breeze. Thumbsup

But the breath!! Ugh!

We don't have a balcony. And this is Singapore... we don't have breezes!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-08-2012, 04:13 AM
(11-08-2012 07:45 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 05:57 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  How about British accents?
I thought you were Irish? Blink

Oh, no. I'm a Scottish pedigree (back to the 1700s, at least). My parents moved down to England a couple of years before I arrived on the scene, so I (sadly) don't sound like a Scot. It's a pity that DNA doesn't have an accent. But I do sound British.

My gran's next door neighbour was Billy Connolly's mother. Which isn't a claim to fame that I have an opportunity to use (with any regularity) at a practical level... but Billy is known in America, so... hey.