Frustrated....so frustrated.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
RE: Frustrated....so frustrated.
(12-08-2012 01:36 PM)il_bandit Wrote:  Reading her post was disturbing...thanking a deity that he didn't inflict her child with the problems that must have been inflicted by him on the others for some master plan.

Bah Humbug! Master plans that involve suffering...absurd.

It's frustrating, disturbing and angers me. However I have to count to ten and remind myself that she doesn't even take the fact that "God" didn't spare the other children. She only see's it as he spared her own child. It's amazing.

She said all a body would have to do there was to go around all day long with a harp and sing. So I didn't think much of it. But I never said so. I asked her if she reckoned Tom Sawyer would go there, and she said not by a considerable sight. I was glad about that, because I wanted him and me to be together. - Huck Finn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 09:51 PM
(12-08-2012 02:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 04:13 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  Oh, no. I'm a Scottish pedigree (back to the 1700s, at least). My parents moved down to England a couple of years before I arrived on the scene, so I (sadly) don't sound like a Scot. It's a pity that DNA doesn't have an accent. But I do sound British.

My gran's next door neighbour was Billy Connolly's mother. Which isn't a claim to fame that I have an opportunity to use (with any regularity) at a practical level... but Billy is known in America, so... hey.

RC, I've asked others this before, but never really have gotten a conclusive answer. American chicks dig dudes with British or Aussie accents. So I've wondered if British chicks dig dudes with American accents? If so, I'm moving to the UK post haste!

Of the Brit-chicks I know, I would have to say, no. Sorry.

But move to the Philippines and they will pushing each other under buses to get to you.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
12-08-2012, 10:36 PM
(12-08-2012 09:44 PM)angela_means_fallen_angel Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 01:36 PM)il_bandit Wrote:  Reading her post was disturbing...thanking a deity that he didn't inflict her child with the problems that must have been inflicted by him on the others for some master plan.

Bah Humbug! Master plans that involve suffering...absurd.

It's frustrating, disturbing and angers me. However I have to count to ten and remind myself that she doesn't even take the fact that "God" didn't spare the other children. She only see's it as he spared her own child. It's amazing.

Having once been a Christian for a very long time, I can confirm that many, maybe most Theists tend to have a monocular or tunnel-vision worldview. They only see what confirms their belief. The agnostic/atheist worldview, I think, is much broader, even panoramic because we're not looking to justify anything, we're just looking for what is true. If we see evidence that there is a God, we'll likely stop and take notice, but until then, we have a broader vision of the world. So you're correctly thinking about all the children...those spared and those not. The Christian is so sharply focused on buttressing their faith that they're not as likely to see all the details, just the ones that confirm their bias. It's too bad she doesn't give credit to the doctors who did the saving and also realize that no one has all the solutions so other children die. The frustration is probably not going to go away in our lifetimes, so it's good you learned how to count to ten. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I see things like that, and I also itch to make a reply. But I "bite my tongue", as it were, and hurriedly skip over it before I say something I know I'd regret later.

Lately, my peeve, which is somewhat similar, is in a woman I know who posts constantly about how her first child is a miracle from God. She and I share the same medical condition, but I don't know how difficult it was for her to conceive her child. Still, it irks me to see her praising God all day for something that biology and very possibly modern medicine and definitely science made happen. She's pregnant again, and all she ever does is post about how thankful to God she is that he "blessed" her again. When I see her post those things, I look to the profiles of my other friends suffering with this condition who are still battling infertility. I always wish I had the balls to tell her how disgusted I am that she thinks God favors HER so much more than any of these beautiful, kind, generous, wonderful women. Why did he "bless" her, but leave these poor ladies to suffer like that? What makes HER so goddamn special!? Angry
[+] 3 users Like SlipStitch's post
12-08-2012, 11:35 PM
(12-08-2012 05:15 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 06:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The house rules are: No gods, no dogs, no men, no durian!

I suspect you can tell how I feel about such blasphemy.

Each to their own but don't bring it around here!

12-08-2012, 11:40 PM
(12-08-2012 11:04 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  I see things like that, and I also itch to make a reply. But I "bite my tongue", as it were, and hurriedly skip over it before I say something I know I'd regret later.

Lately, my peeve, which is somewhat similar, is in a woman I know who posts constantly about how her first child is a miracle from God. She and I share the same medical condition, but I don't know how difficult it was for her to conceive her child. Still, it irks me to see her praising God all day for something that biology and very possibly modern medicine and definitely science made happen. She's pregnant again, and all she ever does is post about how thankful to God she is that he "blessed" her again. When I see her post those things, I look to the profiles of my other friends suffering with this condition who are still battling infertility. I always wish I had the balls to tell her how disgusted I am that she thinks God favors HER so much more than any of these beautiful, kind, generous, wonderful women. Why did he "bless" her, but leave these poor ladies to suffer like that? What makes HER so goddamn special!? Angry

Maybe we should do like the early christians did and use secret messages to indicate our solidarity.

Maybe we can start posting simply: HYNS

(have you no shame?)

It won't enrage anyone but it might help to dissipate our rage.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-08-2012, 07:04 PM
(12-08-2012 10:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can confirm that many, maybe most Theists tend to have a monocular or tunnel-vision worldview. They only see what confirms their belief. The agnostic/atheist worldview, I think, is much broader, even panoramic because we're not looking to justify anything, we're just looking for what is true.

This.

And the poor parents that see her compare something like downs syndrome and cancer as worse than her situation. That feels mean. How about it just sucks to be in a situation where one is concerned for their child's health and they are hopeful things will go well and thankful things are moving in that direction.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
13-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I doubt that any harm or mean intentions are involved. As a new mother with a baby with issues, she is probably so absorbed and overwhelmed with the situation that she isn't aware how her comments sound to others. She is dealing with a tremendously stressful situation and can't see anything else right now. Take a breath and realize that she is trying to get through a really tough situation.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
13-08-2012, 10:17 PM
(13-08-2012 07:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I doubt that any harm or mean intentions are involved. As a new mother with a baby with issues, she is probably so absorbed and overwhelmed with the situation that she isn't aware how her comments sound to others. She is dealing with a tremendously stressful situation and can't see anything else right now. Take a breath and realize that she is trying to get through a really tough situation.

I am, I am. I wouldn't be frustrated if I wasn't.

She said all a body would have to do there was to go around all day long with a harp and sing. So I didn't think much of it. But I never said so. I asked her if she reckoned Tom Sawyer would go there, and she said not by a considerable sight. I was glad about that, because I wanted him and me to be together. - Huck Finn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user