Frustrated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: Frustrated
(12-10-2012 03:03 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 12:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Gotta be honest, of I were hiring security for the trip, Misanthropik, you'd make my short list of candidates!

Aww.....you're just blowing smoke up my ass. Tongue lol

At least you know it's the good kind of smoke if it's coming from Stark!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-10-2012, 03:30 PM
This is one of IndieGoGos success stories.

Would've been so much more awesome if they'd've used Sailor Bubba instead. Big Grin

[Image: sakura.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Frustrated
(12-10-2012 03:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is one of IndieGoGos success stories.

Would've been so much more awesome if they'd've used Sailor Bubba instead. Big Grin

I bet if BubbaGirly was featured on the campaign site Lil Starkette would raise a LOT of money!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-10-2012, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 06:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-10-2012 05:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 03:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is one of IndieGoGos success stories.

I bet if BubbaGirly was featured on the campaign site Lil Starkette would raise a LOT of money!

Dude's got my face, my beard, my glasses, and my attitude, but he's also got a hundred pounds on Girly and we'd likely need his permission. I would not get into the dohyo with him, I'd be sumoed almost instantly. ... Guess we could always go with Girly's fundoshi pic for marketing purposes as a last resort if necessary. .... Consider .... Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
(12-10-2012 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 05:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I bet if BubbaGirly was featured on the campaign site Lil Starkette would raise a LOT of money!

Dude's got my face, my beard, and my attitude, but he's also got a hundred pounds on Girly and we'd likely need his permission. I would not get into the dohyo with him, I'd be sumoed almost instantly. ... Guess we could always go with Girly's fundoshi pic for marketing purposes as a last resort if necessary. .... Consider .... Evil_monster

Ok, wait. I'm confused.....I thought you wanted her to go....Rolleyes

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Frustrated
(12-10-2012 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 05:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I bet if BubbaGirly was featured on the campaign site Lil Starkette would raise a LOT of money!

Dude's got my face, my beard, and my attitude, but he's also got a hundred pounds on Girly and we'd likely need his permission. I would not get into the dohyo with him, I'd be sumoed almost instantly. ... Guess we could always go with Girly's fundoshi pic for marketing purposes as a last resort if necessary. .... Consider .... Evil_monster

Tell people if they don't give, they'll be forced to see you in your fundoshi. Thumbsup

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
12-10-2012, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 06:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-10-2012 06:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude's got my face, my beard, and my attitude, but he's also got a hundred pounds on Girly and we'd likely need his permission. I would not get into the dohyo with him, I'd be sumoed almost instantly. ... Guess we could always go with Girly's fundoshi pic for marketing purposes as a last resort if necessary. .... Consider .... Evil_monster

Ok, wait. I'm confused.....I thought you wanted her to go....Rolleyes

I do, that's why I said last resort Hail Mary sorta pass kinda thing. ... Girly don't know dick about marketing.

(12-10-2012 06:01 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude's got my face, my beard, and my attitude, but he's also got a hundred pounds on Girly and we'd likely need his permission. I would not get into the dohyo with him, I'd be sumoed almost instantly. ... Guess we could always go with Girly's fundoshi pic for marketing purposes as a last resort if necessary. .... Consider .... Evil_monster

Tell people if they don't give, they'll be forced to see you in your fundoshi. Thumbsup

See, if you wanna know how to market shit look to the motherfucking preachers, they've been marketing bullshit for like forever. ... Contribute or go to the hell that is seeing Girly in his fundoshi. ... fuckin' brilliant. Big Grin

12-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Hey, Starky!

If do send your daughter there, tell her to give the natives my greetings. If my mission trips were the standard thing, she'll have an interesting time. Tell her to look up at the stars in the night skies, it will take her breath away.

Now, as for the raising money.... I really wish I could help, but being a minor, I can't provide funds, so I guess I'll just have to be a cheerleader to perk you guys up into giving out the dough.

Give me a D! Give me a O! Give me a N! Give me an A! Give me a T! Give me an E! What's that spell? Donate!

Yeah...Drinking Beverage I had some weird hobbies when I was a kid, sue me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
13-10-2012, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 01:14 PM by kim.)
Sorry you are frustrated, Stark - I am too - it should be easier to learn to be a better, more fulfilled person. It shouldn't be so damn difficult to just try.

I want your kid to go. There's got to be some kind of fund she can apply to for this far reaching educational experience ... possibly a local fund or scholarship... worth a try to hit several of them up.

Also - I haven't completely checked these out, but I would try to find out if there is already something out there that specifically would help Teens looking to volunteer and get an involved, altruistic experience. Though a bit wordy, this first one seems to provide several good ideas that might at least get you or anyone started - and it seems to be specifically geared to Teens.

http://www.coyotecommunications.com/stuf...ists.shtml
http://www.volunteermatch.org/search/org26831.jsp

Have you thought about a facebook Kick Starter page for her? My friend made far over his $10,000 goal to make a documentary film - and he doesn't really even know that many people. - worth a try.
Good luck and let us know if something gets worked out and she finds out she can go. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Is there a Kiwanis organization near you? They help send kids for educational trips. A friend of mine had here semester abroad covered by them. Maybe they'd help with this trip? Here is a link to them. I do not know much about them in regards to religion.

http://sites.kiwanis.org/kiwanis/en/home.aspx

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post