Frustration. "Atheist Book?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2011, 06:39 PM
RE: Frustration. "Atheist Book?"
(07-04-2011 04:36 PM)SoCATrueAtheist Wrote:  
(03-04-2011 08:11 AM)SarahDarleen Wrote:  " oooo i'm an Atheist and when I die i'll be a tree."
What? I've been an atheist my entire life and I've never heard this. I thought when I died I would simply cease to exist. Are you telling me I'm supposed to be a tree?

I think it's possible that whoever said this first might have meant as nutrients for a tree? I know I'm gonna be nutrients for a tree. I'm going to have them plant a seqoiadendron on my grave! Big Grin

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2011, 06:57 AM
(07-04-2011 06:39 PM)Norseman Wrote:  
(07-04-2011 04:36 PM)SoCATrueAtheist Wrote:  
(03-04-2011 08:11 AM)SarahDarleen Wrote:  " oooo i'm an Atheist and when I die i'll be a tree."
What? I've been an atheist my entire life and I've never heard this. I thought when I died I would simply cease to exist. Are you telling me I'm supposed to be a tree?

I think it's possible that whoever said this first might have meant as nutrients for a tree? I know I'm gonna be nutrients for a tree. I'm going to have them plant a seqoiadendron on my grave! Big Grin

I want to have my Carbon atoms condensed into a diamond! The trees can have whatever is left.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
(08-04-2011 06:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(07-04-2011 06:39 PM)Norseman Wrote:  I think it's possible that whoever said this first might have meant as nutrients for a tree? I know I'm gonna be nutrients for a tree. I'm going to have them plant a seqoiadendron on my grave! Big Grin

I want to have my Carbon atoms condensed into a diamond! The trees can have whatever is left.

You might have a problem finding someone to do that. Undecided

08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
(08-04-2011 11:15 AM)Norseman Wrote:  
(07-04-2011 06:39 PM)Norseman Wrote:  I think it's possible that whoever said this first might have meant as nutrients for a tree? I know I'm gonna be nutrients for a tree. I'm going to have them plant a seqoiadendron on my grave! Big Grin

Actually. http://www.lifegem.com/

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
08-04-2011, 11:45 AM
(08-04-2011 11:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 11:15 AM)Norseman Wrote:  

Actually. http://www.lifegem.com/

Holly crap. I wanted to be cremated but this is cool.
08-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Well out of context I look like an idiot..
My boyfriend was mocking me saying that Atheists believe they will become trees. Personally, I know my body will never fertilize the earth because I think burying bodies is silly and a waste of space. But sure, energy is converted into energy and decomposition and carbon cycles.. blah blah blah..I hope people don't honestly believe we think we'll be trees.

Could you imagine some theists walking down the street and then stick their noses up and say, " Look at that atheist tree, that tree is so going to hell." ( I'm laughing so hard right now at my own joke Tongue)
[+] 1 user Likes SarahDarleen's post
08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't much like poking my nose into other peoples relationships but since this thread sort of invites me to, I'll give you the best advice my own experience permits. Your post gives me the impression that your boyfriend shows a lack of respect for you. It is to much to far fetched to expect that we will all find partners that agree with us in every aspect of life. What I feel is a corner stone in a good relationship is an ability to show respect for once partners opinions. This is not as difficult as it sounds. I know full well that my girlfriend detests some of the views I hold. When these sort of subjects comes up, she debate me vigorously, but with the same kind of respect as she would treat someone who was not her boyfriend. This polite ability is one most of us use every day, and in my opinion it is a bad idea to leave it at the doorstep when we get home. This of course depends on whether or not other people have the same need to be treated with respect as I do, which I have no means of knowing. Tongue
There are some thing a couple must be in agreement on to be able to stay together. For me these include, but are not limited to, when to have children? how many? Where to live? How to raise said children? And Religion. Religion is important to me, because I can find no way to respect religious people. I know it is not an admirable trait, but if someone says they are religious I can't stop the first word coming to mind from being "idiot". I suggest you give thought to what is important to you. Both considering the important questions, and what level of respect you crave from a partner.
Hope this helps you in some way.

09-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Yeah, when I hear someone is religious the first thing that comes to my mind is also the word "idiot". I just can't justify that dose of ignorance and blind belief.

And concerning this relationship between the atheist and theist, it's quite simple. Do you love him enough to be his wife and marry in church or not? If you have the stomach to go and marry in the church, you are super tolerant and you can be with him with no problems, but if you don't want to marry in a church, you should say that to him and look at his reaction, will he support you, or end your relationship.

I personally will never get married in a church, so it can be a problem for me, since I live in second most Catholic country in the world. Or is it the third one? Who cares, they are all Catholics around me, I can't sleep at night, so scared...

But trust me, getting-married-in-church question is all you need to ask your boyfriend/girlfriend to find out their tolerance and love for you.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post