Fuck You Chuck Shumer....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: Fuck You Chuck Shumer....
(04-01-2017 08:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Socialized medicine can be cheaper - PROVIDED - that the system is set up without putting millions of government workers on payroll to administer it. Fortunately - it's probably possible these days - with computerized records - and automatic payroll deductions.......

The problem will come with government bloat. Some bureaucrat wants more underlings, and a bigger desk in a corner office -- so he goes after congresscritters for more money........

It won't be easy....

But it's bound to be better than the shit we've got now....

The problem with computerized records is that it coast a fortune to setup properly. You need to keep your infrastructure up to date which is't such an issue for big city hospitals, ut is much more problematic in rural clinics and small hospitals in impoverished area. Than the system cannot be designed by the governement itself, the software will be created by a private contractor which is, you guessed it, motivated by profit. To create such a big software, servers will have to be installed and big security measures will have to be taken because medical files are confidential. It took over 8 years (and it still an ongoing process) for my country to computerize medical records. Yes, bureaucrats are necessary and since the governement is bound by its own regulation to be regularly audited, much more than a private company does, its bureaucracy tend to be heavier. Yes it cost a lot to have universal healthcare, but you are right. Prior to 2008, you had the worst healthcare system in the developped world and also the most costly one. The tough thing, though, is that in my opinion, most American have a bad perception of taxes and that such a project, would require a substancial tax hike.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2017, 01:00 PM
(04-01-2017 10:12 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 08:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Socialized medicine can be cheaper - PROVIDED - that the system is set up without putting millions of government workers on payroll to administer it. Fortunately - it's probably possible these days - with computerized records - and automatic payroll deductions.......

The problem will come with government bloat. Some bureaucrat wants more underlings, and a bigger desk in a corner office -- so he goes after congresscritters for more money........

It won't be easy....

But it's bound to be better than the shit we've got now....

The problem with computerized records is that it coast a fortune to setup properly. You need to keep your infrastructure up to date which is't such an issue for big city hospitals, ut is much more problematic in rural clinics and small hospitals in impoverished area. Than the system cannot be designed by the governement itself, the software will be created by a private contractor which is, you guessed it, motivated by profit. To create such a big software, servers will have to be installed and big security measures will have to be taken because medical files are confidential. It took over 8 years (and it still an ongoing process) for my country to computerize medical records. Yes, bureaucrats are necessary and since the governement is bound by its own regulation to be regularly audited, much more than a private company does, its bureaucracy tend to be heavier. Yes it cost a lot to have universal healthcare, but you are right. Prior to 2008, you had the worst healthcare system in the developped world and also the most costly one. The tough thing, though, is that in my opinion, most American have a bad perception of taxes and that such a project, would require a substancial tax hike.

Probably not. Most people get health coverage through employers, with employers paying part and employees paying the rest.
Those payments go to health insurers which pay their CEOs millions.

If that money instead was paid as health care tax like the Medicare payroll tax, the cost of health care would be covered with no new taxes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2017, 01:06 PM
According to KFF - only 49 percent.....

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/tot...imeframe=0

So, a plurality, not a majority of people get their health coverage (assuming they have any) from employers....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-01-2017, 01:10 PM
(04-01-2017 01:06 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  According to KFF - only 49 percent.....

So, a plurality, not a majority of people get their health coverage (assuming they have any) from employers....

It used to be a majority. There used to be a large, employed middle class. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-01-2017, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 01:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-01-2017 01:06 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  According to KFF - only 49 percent.....

and another 35% or so from public assistance (Medicare/Caid, 1 in 3 is larger than I thought), so ~85% either employer or taxpayer covered.

#sigh
04-01-2017, 01:12 PM
(04-01-2017 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 10:12 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The problem with computerized records is that it coast a fortune to setup properly. You need to keep your infrastructure up to date which is't such an issue for big city hospitals, ut is much more problematic in rural clinics and small hospitals in impoverished area. Than the system cannot be designed by the governement itself, the software will be created by a private contractor which is, you guessed it, motivated by profit. To create such a big software, servers will have to be installed and big security measures will have to be taken because medical files are confidential. It took over 8 years (and it still an ongoing process) for my country to computerize medical records. Yes, bureaucrats are necessary and since the governement is bound by its own regulation to be regularly audited, much more than a private company does, its bureaucracy tend to be heavier. Yes it cost a lot to have universal healthcare, but you are right. Prior to 2008, you had the worst healthcare system in the developped world and also the most costly one. The tough thing, though, is that in my opinion, most American have a bad perception of taxes and that such a project, would require a substancial tax hike.

Probably not. Most people get health coverage through employers, with employers paying part and employees paying the rest.
Those payments go to health insurers which pay their CEOs millions.

If that money instead was paid as health care tax like the Medicare payroll tax, the cost of health care would be covered with no new taxes.

Look up the compensation packages for UHC. The CEO makes hundreds of millions, the VP's make 5 - 10 million. There is NOTHING even approaching those numbers they can possibly be adding (value) to managing health and costs.

The boards ought to be sued for negligence and malfeasance.
All healthcare ought to be non-profit. Otherwise it's a conflict of interest.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Fuck You Chuck Shumer....
(03-01-2017 04:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Top" Democrat Chuck Shumer once again opened his mouth and revealed the slimy shit that's inside him......

Schumer was blathering his usual cuntshit off to the Huffington Post - praising the "ACA".....

"Who is going to cover all these Americans if the ACA is repealed?????"

Oh fuck you.....

The ACA was NEVER about "giving all Americans" medical care....

It was making sure big insurance companies had a captive audience that they could then fleece..............

Clearly you don't know much about healthcare or insurance. The ACA has hardly been a goldmine for insurers, many of whom went in and got out. Insurers aren't the ones billing for procedures, or medications, for chemotherapy. It's not insurance that makes up the bulk of healthcare cost.

Quote:How about we really do it -- by ELIMINATING insurance companies from the health care system???????

While a single payor system might be the only way to improve Obamacare, under a Republican presedent that's clearly not on the table. The ACA is pretty much the most conservative option for covering as many people as possible, a Trump presidency repealing it, just means something worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
10-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Quote:The ACA is a shit soaked bandaid........

Yes..... and it is still an improvement over what we had before.

Need I remind you that the republicunts voted 60 times to repeal Obamacare without ever offering a solution to the question of "then what?" They could have spent the last six years tying to fix it but instead they opted for grandstanding. Well, Fuck Them. As Shumer says, "you break it - you own it."

The republicunts are going to learn that 'governing' is a lot harder than just being the party of "no."

Again. Fuck every one of the miserable bastards.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
11-01-2017, 12:07 AM
(04-01-2017 08:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  But it's bound to be better than the shit we've got now....

My insurance premiums went down $1500 this year and the wife and I take $1200/month worth of cutting-edge pharmaceuticals that we pay $0 for. I don't give a shit if the insurance companies are making billions or not, don't dick with my health care.

#sigh
11-01-2017, 02:47 AM
Yeah! Fuck you Charles M. Schulz!

Prick!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.