Fuck You, Shark Week!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Fuck You, Shark Week!
Alien Sharks? ALIEN SHARKS?!!!?!?! Fucking fuck you, Discovery Channel. If it wasn't for Mythbusters - which you're ruining - and a few HD nature specials, I'd wish that channel pushed of a cliff. Suck my balls!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
08-08-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: Fuck You, Shark Week!
This is why my blindness has actually made me thankful and I've given up on TV. I watch a few shows of anime on the Internet and some shows on Netflix and that's it. I don't even get my news from the TV I get it from the Gaurdian.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
09-08-2013, 06:35 AM
(08-08-2013 08:55 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  This is why my blindness has actually made me thankful and I've given up on TV. I watch a few shows of anime on the Internet and some shows on Netflix and that's it. I don't even get my news from the TV I get it from the Gaurdian.

Yeah, wait till you get your ocular implants. You will have to suffer through the same poop we do. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Wait, what the fuck? Alien sharks? I just got done telling my mom I wasn't watching shark week because they've played the exact same programming for the past twenty years (they may have changed it, but I can't tell one way or the other). Alien sharks. I suppose they fly out of their spaceships and form sharknados. somebody on facebook posted a Shark Week drinking game. It almost made me consider watchign shark week, but (1) I can't see very well, and (2) I don't need an excuse to drink, I can drink for no reason at all if I want to... They can all suck my balls too.
09-08-2013, 10:22 AM
I have a bigger beef with Animal Planet; 50 % is boring ass animal rescue. And History Channel, well, let's just say I would rather perfer a show called P@rn Stars where they show old dildos and vibrators instead of Rick Harrison and his staged familiy business.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
09-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Shark Week? Is that like Lobsterfest, or some other made-up commercial BS? Or are they promoting the preservation of endangered sharks?

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
09-08-2013, 02:49 PM
I wish I had just one idea that would stick so resolutely in the collective psyche of the American populous.

Sharks? Wow... I've never even had that channel tuned in on my TV and I'm glad for that.
09-08-2013, 03:05 PM
(08-08-2013 08:55 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  This is why my blindness has actually made me thankful and I've given up on TV. I watch a few shows of anime on the Internet and some shows on Netflix and that's it. I don't even get my news from the TV I get it from the Gaurdian.

We're fuckin' poor so we canceled our TV over a year ago. (in fact, this had a direct effect on me becoming an atheist) As far as I can tell, we're better people for it. There's some really mindless shit pumping into the american public these days and I'm ashamed that there's not a greater voice of protest. The opposite seems to be the case, and I'm not encouraged by it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
09-08-2013, 03:11 PM
(09-08-2013 03:05 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

We're fuckin' poor so we canceled our TV over a year ago. (in fact, this had a direct effect on me becoming an atheist) As far as I can tell, we're better people for it. There's some really mindless shit pumping into the american public these days and I'm ashamed that there's not a greater voice of protest. The opposite seems to be the case, and I'm not encouraged by it.

I've been considering it. Seriously.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

09-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I canceled my cable about... hmm... 13 years ago. I've sometimes watched shit at other people's houses (and when i was in college and my roommates paid for it. I refused to pay for it because I don't really watch), but I only pay for netflix. And now it drives me fucking insane when I see TV commercials and other mindless shite, because I'm used to not dealing with it anymore. ^_^

As for Shark Week, I'm still convinced they've played the exact same programming since 1987, so I probably watched the whole thing then. No use watching it again now...
[+] 3 users Like amyb's post