Fuck this shit ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Fuck this shit ...
For those who normally just fly over and ignore Kansas. (Those wiser than we who've lived there.)

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/17/the_dail...xperiment/

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/11957...ecome-hell

They also make ex-convicts put "Offender" on their driver's licenses, with a "color coding" system to distinguish between sex offenders and other offender types; of course, no one knows the difference, so every person trying to rebuild their lives in that state has no chance, now.

Conservative Utopia. Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
31-08-2015, 06:35 AM
New job?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
31-08-2015, 08:36 AM
(30-08-2015 07:53 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  What? Your going to Wichita? Wichitalking about? Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-08-2015, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2015 08:19 PM by Fireball.)
I spent about 6 hours in Kansas, driving to my US Navy "A" school. I appear to have missed Wichita in my travels. I passed 3 State Troopers in my Camaro- didn't recognize light green over dark green until it was too late. California HP cars were white over black, easily recognized. I guess my sailor suit kept me out of jail. The first one I passed (at 90 MPH) didn't pull me over, so I just kept on truckin'. I left Siebert, CO in the morning, ate breakfast just inside Kansas, and ate dinner in St Louis. I ended up in Lincoln, Illinois for the night. 1100 miles in 14 hours, with 1.5 hours spent eating meals...and the Camaro got 22 MPG. This was in 1973, and the totality of my experience with teh Kansas.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
31-08-2015, 08:17 PM
(31-08-2015 08:07 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I spent about 6 hours in Kansas, driving to my US Navy "A" school. I appear to have missed Wichita in my travels. I passed 3 State Troopers in my Camaro- didn't recognize light green over dark green until it was too late. Californi HP cars were white over black, easily recognized. I guess my sailor suit kept me out of jail. The first one I passed (at 90 MPH) didn't pull me over, so I just kept on truckin'. I left Siebert, CO in the morning, ate breakfast just inside Kansas, and ate dinner in St Louis. I ended up in Lincoln, Illinois for the night. 1100 miles in 14 hours, with 1.5 hours spent eating meals...and the Camaro got 22 MPG. This was in 1973.

You went to Wichita. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-08-2015, 08:21 PM
(31-08-2015 08:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 08:07 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I spent about 6 hours in Kansas, driving to my US Navy "A" school. I appear to have missed Wichita in my travels. I passed 3 State Troopers in my Camaro- didn't recognize light green over dark green until it was too late. Californi HP cars were white over black, easily recognized. I guess my sailor suit kept me out of jail. The first one I passed (at 90 MPH) didn't pull me over, so I just kept on truckin'. I left Siebert, CO in the morning, ate breakfast just inside Kansas, and ate dinner in St Louis. I ended up in Lincoln, Illinois for the night. 1100 miles in 14 hours, with 1.5 hours spent eating meals...and the Camaro got 22 MPG. This was in 1973.

Musta mistit in the blur. Big Grin Guess I should say "I went through Wichita at high speed". I knew a girl nick-named Chita. Maybe there is a connection there.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-08-2015, 09:18 PM
(31-08-2015 08:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

No, Siebert, CO, is on I-70, and runs through Topeka, KS and Kansas City, KS, en route to St. Louis, but goes nowhere near Wichita.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
31-08-2015, 09:29 PM
(31-08-2015 09:18 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 08:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You went to Wichita. Big Grin

No, Siebert, CO, is on I-70, and runs through Topeka, KS and Kansas City, KS, en route to St. Louis, but goes nowhere near Wichita.

Wichita is a state of mind.

He went to Wichita. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Trust me, brother, there are few minds anywhere in that state, let alone in Wichita! Tongue

Did I mention I don't like Kansas much?

My KDHE work van and truck both had (official at the time) bumper stickers that showed the state's official motto:

"Kansas: As Big as You Think."

I put one on my personal car that said, "Kansas: As Bigoted as You Think".

[Image: th?id=JN.6t07J4DMDwb6D7zszja47g&...;amp;h=300]

(Incidentally, that guy's name is Ethan. We lived in the same town. I've smoked weed with him!)

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Ugh, also found this "response" sticker, as an example of why I hate Kansas:

[Image: kansas_not_as_bigoted_as_you_think_bumpe...vr_512.jpg]