Fuck winter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Fuck winter
Yup. I'm gonna complain about the weather again. I'm in Wood Buffalo Alberta and I'm told its -51c outside. I have too weather apps on my phone. One says it is -48c and the other says -42c. These are with windchill factors. I could go out and feel it for myself but fuck that! I think there's a polar bear outside freezing to death...
Someone out there has gotta have it worse. Please tell me I'm not alone in my suffering.
And if you live somewhere warm.. Fuck you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
11-02-2015, 05:49 PM
RE: Fuck winter
(11-02-2015 05:44 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Yup. I'm gonna complain about the weather again. I'm in Wood Buffalo Alberta and I'm told its -51c outside. I have too weather apps on my phone. One says it is -48c and the other says -42c. These are with windchill factors. I could go out and feel it for myself but fuck that! I think there's a polar bear outside freezing to death...
Someone out there has gotta have it worse. Please tell me I'm not alone in my suffering.
And if you live somewhere warm.. Fuck you.

I'm sick of winter, too, but we (Madison, WI) have not had temperatures anything like yours, nor have we had snow anything like Buffalo a few months back or Boston in the last few weeks. It's been a pretty average winter here -- some cold, some snow, some freezing rain, temperature occasionally gets below zero (Fahrenheit), hardly ever gets above freezing. Tomorrow morning, we're supposed to have wind chills of 15-20 below zero (and I ride a bicycle 4.5 miles to get to work). Anyway, relatively mild compared to what some other places are getting. Still, I'm sick of it. I'm ready for April.
11-02-2015, 05:50 PM
SW Michigan here....

It was warmer with less snow when I lived on Kodiak Island Alaska.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-02-2015, 06:06 PM
(11-02-2015 05:44 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  And if you live somewhere warm.. Fuck you.

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
11-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Been gorgeous here this week. 70s, sunny, nice breeze.

Bechased

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-02-2015, 06:21 PM
It was a little chilly last night actually. Got down to about 16C.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
11-02-2015, 06:27 PM
(11-02-2015 06:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It was a little chilly last night actually. Got down to about 16C.

It always warmer in places that use Celsius.....

If Hell were real, the thermometers would all read ( C )......

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-02-2015, 06:53 PM
It's been -5°C down to -23°C without counting wind chill - and we've had 2 meters of snow in 17 days. Angry

News update: The Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Alaska has been moved due to lack of snow. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-02-2015, 07:03 PM
(11-02-2015 06:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's been -5°C down to -23°C without counting wind chill - and we've had 2 meters of snow in 17 days. Angry

News update: The Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Alaska has been moved due to lack of snow. Dodgy

Moved to Boston? Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
11-02-2015, 07:14 PM
I am just a bit further south than you, you're in the wrong end of Alberta. I went tobogganing yesterday but today I am not leaving the house. Too chilly.

At -50 I love to stand outside for a couple minutes to breathe the cold air, when the lungs freeze instantly it's an odd feeling. That sharp pain reminds me how alive I am.