Fuck you, Google.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2013 12:59 PM by Vera.)
RE: Fuck you, Google.
It doesn't do it to me. I have to think how I managed to stop it from directing me to the localised google site... Can't remember though... maybe it was by switching off geolocation in my browser (it does come up with a lot of crap when I use IE, which has geolocation turned on).

Solution: start using Opera Angel

EDIT: Real solution: Depending on your browser, google ways of switching off geolocation (and yeah, I totally get the irony of asking google how to do it)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-01-2013, 12:58 PM
The thing I HATE about google is trying to search a question. Say I said: "What is the colour of blah blah blah?"
Results:

Whatijfoisefjsoeifjieosfjesiofjseiofjioescoloursfsefsfsergdsgdrgdsrgdsgdsrgdsrgblah.

Stop picking and choosing google, give me the fucking answer!!

Google shows results using keywords, but when you want to ask a question, it will just pick the words out of the sentence and find each one in a paragraph somewhere on the internet, and give you that result.
27-01-2013, 01:01 PM
(27-01-2013 12:58 PM)Magoo Wrote:  The thing I HATE about google is trying to search a question. Say I said: "What is the colour of blah blah blah?"
Results:

Whatijfoisefjsoeifjieosfjesiofjseiofjioescoloursfsefsfsergdsgdrgdsrgdsgdsrgdsrgblah.

Google shows results using keywords, but when you want to ask a question, it will just pick the words out of the sentence and find each one in a paragraph somewhere on the internet, and give you that result.
You're googling the question in quotation marks, right?

(Or are you talking about the suggestions while typing your search? 'Cause that can be turned off, too)

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-01-2013, 02:03 PM
(27-01-2013 12:58 PM)Magoo Wrote:  The thing I HATE about google is trying to search a question. Say I said: "What is the colour of blah blah blah?"
Results:

You can turn off auto-complete someplace too...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-01-2013, 02:19 PM
From what I'm reading, it's not only a google issue, but a browser issue as well.

I think I'll be trying out this mysterious Opera you speak of, Vera.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
27-01-2013, 02:26 PM
(27-01-2013 02:19 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  From what I'm reading, it's not only a google issue, but a browser issue as well.

I think I'll be trying out this mysterious Opera you speak of, Vera.
[Image: Come-on-in-water-is-lovely.jpg]

All browsers have the option of turning geolocation off (I'm pretty positive). But I do think Opera is a great browser. Tried it some years ago and have never looked back.

27-01-2013, 02:38 PM
You can ask a question but google doesnt read it entirely but searchs for each word in any order.

Irony

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
27-01-2013, 02:43 PM
(27-01-2013 02:38 PM)bemore Wrote:  You can ask a question but google doesnt read it entirely but searchs for each word in any order.
It does if you put in quotes. But if no one has ever asked the same question, you'll get zilch.

Googling is an art. You just gotta know how to ask... Same with asking people out Tongue

30-01-2013, 11:40 AM
(27-01-2013 02:38 PM)bemore Wrote:  You can ask a question but google doesnt read it entirely but searchs for each word in any order.

Irony
Where is the irony??
30-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Well. Google is still better than Bing. Also, someone just watched the holy grail Smile.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I need to get the fuck out of america! Metazoa Zeke 37 478 08-05-2014 10:41 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  Google search tips Lightvader 9 327 04-03-2014 11:07 AM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Time for another What The Actual Fuck thread Vosur 6 159 15-01-2014 06:30 PM
Last Post: Cardinal Smurf
  FUCK YOU VAN DAMME... sporehux 2 263 20-12-2013 12:51 AM
Last Post: ELK12695
Question Who the actual fuck... Vosur 6 166 15-12-2013 03:37 AM
Last Post: morondog
Question Can members using google chrome comment on youtube videos? PoolBoyG 9 426 22-11-2013 02:39 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Omg, what the fuck is wrong with Tartarus Sauce! Hughsie 19 758 19-09-2013 05:22 AM
Last Post: Ferdinand