Fuck you diplomats!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Fuck you diplomats!
Foreign diplomats no longer have immunity from road rules in Canberra

Diplomats and their dependents will no longer be immune to the road rules in Canberra, with a demerit points system introduced under a deal struck between the ACT Government and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
-source

Of course I'm just joking, I love diplomats. But it's about time they started respecting the road rules - especially as it threatens public health and safety, so I'm really pleased about this news!

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2016, 05:05 AM
RE: Fuck you diplomats!
They shouldn't have immunity to any rules.
Find all posts by this user
18-11-2016, 05:15 AM
(18-11-2016 05:05 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  They shouldn't have immunity to any rules.

So are you going to go to Iran and be our diplomat????

Or perhaps North Korea would be more to your liking.....

It's called "reciprocity"...........

If they don't lock up our diplomats for stupid little laws, we give their diplomats a pass.....

The hope is, if our diplomat fucks up and violates a law of theirs, which we would find silly at home ---- the WORST they'll do is boot our guy out of their country...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-11-2016, 06:09 PM
(18-11-2016 05:15 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's called "reciprocity"...........

If they don't lock up our diplomats for stupid little laws, we give their diplomats a pass.....

That's not at all the case. It's a result of the Vienna Convention which basically states that diplomats are to be afforded hospitality in their host countries, whilst also being responsible to the host countries to obey their laws. It doesn't give diplomats a pass to break laws, it just gives them protection from facing direct prosecution for doing so.

The deal that has been reached here in Canberra does not propose to imprison or create criminal records for diplomats that break the road rules - even though that would apply to ordinary citizens. All it does is provide the framework to issue demerit points and suspend their driver's licenses. And then the suspension is only up to 5 months. They're still given a much wider berth compared with non-diplomats.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user