Fucking Firefox...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2014, 12:55 AM
Fucking Firefox...
I HATE when software companies think it's their business and their purview to automatically "update" their software, and especially their UI, so that users have to waste a shitload of time fucking figuring out how to do navigate their menus, icons, etc.

Do they really think they are that important?

Firefox just did this shit with their new version, but it's the same with MicroShaft (FUCK W8, and really, fuck every UI beyond 3.1), and I just spent a half a fucking hour working out how to restore the previous version. ANd STILL lost all the tabs I had set up.

I DON'T WANT MY COMPUTER OR THE SOFTWARE RUNNING ON IT TO DO ANYTHING I DON'T FUCKING ASK IT TO DO. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK HOW MUCH SOFTWARE MARKETING WEENIES THINK THEY ARE "IMPROVING" SHIT, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO RE-LEARN HOW TO DO EVERYTHING I NEED TO DO AT THE WHIMS AND MERCY OF SOME IDIOT WHO THOUGHT HE COULD GUSSIE-UP THE FUCKING UA.

Same thing with the bullshit MIcroShaft "Ribbon" bullshit. Do these assholes REALLY think they are making life better for us by re-inventing the fucking wheel and forcing us to wade through all their new bullshit handles to figure out how to do what we could already easily do with the old UA?

FUCK, I am so DONE with this shit.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-05-2014, 12:59 AM
RE: Fucking Firefox...
Use something else then

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
13-05-2014, 01:05 AM
(13-05-2014 12:59 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Use something else then

Um, yeah, so very helpful. So, then, which of the zillions of identical MSIE clones would you suggest, and why? Dodgy

13-05-2014, 01:19 AM
I said Firefox is shit...

Try Chrome... Much faster, smoother, and for some reason what looks to be higher resolution for text and pictures.

Does have its bugs though.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm not real tech savvy and my laptop is running vista. I used to use FF, hate chrome (too much extra BS).
For what I do Opera does nicely, it's very simple and clean.
13-05-2014, 01:40 AM
If you don't want Firefox to update automatically, you can disable the option:
go to "Extras" -> "Options", then click on "Advanced" (the last icon on the top right, right now I'm working with the German version so I don't remember exactly how it's called in English). From there click on the "Update" tab and choose the option "don't look for updates" (or something like that).
[+] 1 user Likes DunkleSeele's post
13-05-2014, 02:02 AM
(13-05-2014 01:39 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  I'm not real tech savvy and my laptop is running vista. I used to use FF, hate chrome (too much extra BS).

Opera has a PC version? will look into that.... really jaded about any and all available browsers at the moment....shit...

13-05-2014, 02:17 AM
(13-05-2014 01:40 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  If you don't want Firefox to update automatically, you can disable the option:
go to "Extras" -> "Options", then click on "Advanced" (the last icon on the top right, right now I'm working with the German version so I don't remember exactly how it's called in English). From there click on the "Update" tab and choose the option "don't look for updates" (or something like that).

Thanks, DS, and I actually did ultimately figure that out, and I also found a way to re-install an older version, and for now I'll stick with that, I guess, dammit.

--With precisely the settings you suggested, thanks.

Yes, I just figured out how to disable "upgrades" -- and it was just as you described; I just hadn't gotten your reply yet -- and thanks for taking the time and effort to help.

13-05-2014, 03:18 AM
(13-05-2014 02:17 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 01:40 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  If you don't want Firefox to update automatically, you can disable the option:

Thanks, DS, and I actually did ultimately figure that out, and I also found a way to re-install an older version, and for now I'll stick with that, I guess, dammit.

--With precisely the settings you suggested, thanks.

Yes, I just figured out how to disable "upgrades" -- and it was just as you described; I just hadn't gotten your reply yet -- and thanks for taking the time and effort to help.
You're welcome, glad I could be of any help.

By the way, regarding the disappearing tabs: in the "Extra" menu you've an option to syncronise your browser's content with another computer; this option can also be used to restore previous sessions on the same computer.
13-05-2014, 06:21 AM
(13-05-2014 02:02 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 01:39 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  I'm not real tech savvy and my laptop is running vista. I used to use FF, hate chrome (too much extra BS).

Opera has a PC version? will look into that....

Yeah, I've used Opera for the last five years or so; however, I haven't upgraded to the most recent version. The newest version is built on Chrome, so I'm not sure how different it would be.

I have noticed occasionally things don't render properly in Opera, but everything that I frequent works fine. I have FireFox installed for those random times I need something to work if it doesn't in Opera.

I have noticed the mobile version of Opera is buggy as hell.