Fucking Turds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Fucking Turds
The Presidential Candidates. Turds, all of them...both parties. Looks like I'll be casting a 'protest' vote again this election. So...

How the fuck does one end the two-party system?

I here complaints from people all the time - They are voting for the best of the worst from Party A or Party B, and that they would like more options from more parties but they don't want to 'waste their vote'.

How do you change American's mind-set about this?

Do Americans really want more parties?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
17-09-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: Fucking Turds
Politics lives off grass roots support.

No grass roots - no success.

If you want a third party to gain national power, you need to support it personaly on a regional level where you live.

Oh... Your electoral college also sucks.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
17-09-2015, 05:25 PM
(17-09-2015 05:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The Presidential Candidates. Turds, all of them...both parties. Looks like I'll be casting a 'protest' vote again this election. So...

I here complaints from people all the time - They are voting for the best of the worst from Party A or Party B, and that they would like more options from more parties but they don't want to 'waste their vote'.

17-09-2015, 05:26 PM
The solution is rationally simple but realistically unlikely. We need to start boycotting anyone who receives a party nomination in large enough numbers that the parties become irrelevant.

'Murican Canadian
17-09-2015, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 05:33 PM by Dark Light.)
(17-09-2015 05:23 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Politics lives off grass roots support.

If you want a third party to gain national power, you need to support it personaly on a regional level where you live.

Grass roots parties have come and gone - the problem is they can't get on any of the big debates that get all the media attention, then they slowly wither. The Green Party, The Libertarian Party, The Constitution Party. The last time a third party won was The Bull Moose Party (aka Progressive Party). That was over a hundred years ago. Oh...and it was largely funded by cooperations with an interest in getting Roosevelt elected. I'm looking at you JP Morgan Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
17-09-2015, 05:39 PM
(17-09-2015 05:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 05:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The Presidential Candidates. Turds, all of them...both parties. Looks like I'll be casting a 'protest' vote again this election. So...

I like it! Okay, now that I'm on board, how do we implement this system? We need to pass it though our representatives...who are largely either Party 1 or Party 2, and have everything to lose if it is implemented. Bangin

17-09-2015, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 05:46 PM by ClydeLee.)
(17-09-2015 05:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 05:23 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Politics lives off grass roots support.

Grass roots parties have come and gone - the problem is they can't get on any of the big debates that get all the media attention, then they slowly wither. The Green Party, The Libertarian Party, The Constitution Party. The last time a third party won was The Bull Moose Party (aka Progressive Party). That was over a hundred years ago. Weeping

I've tried many tactics and different approaches about it but none of them seem to matter. People also grasp the idea of value or what they want out of a vote differently.

It boils down to a lot of psychology of voting that is informing people. To many people, they want to vote for winners. They are driven by thinking that person will win so they get their vote and do vote for the LOSER or someone else is a wasted vote.

I've tried many different discussions and reasons for being a frequent 3rd party supporter. Not just any, oh sometimes it ranges on candidates and party ticket. Sometimes Green/Libertarian/Justice Party & I was foolishly excited and let down by the Americas Elect idea. In convos though I've seen many people who often respond, "I'll endorse a 3rd party when there is a strong 3rd party out there to support..." Well there won't be one if so many people keep saying that instead of just initially supporting it until it gets steamrolled. People don't want to be the wagon drivers or shakers but rather the bandwagoners.

That alternative vote system works similarly to how the Primary Delegates system works, but it's a matter of a 3rd/4th in the race endorsing and giving the votes via choice instead of it systematically applying them via voting.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
17-09-2015, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 05:48 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(17-09-2015 05:39 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 05:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

I like it! Okay, now that I'm on board, how do we implement this system? We need to pass it though our representatives...who are largely either Party 1 or Party 2, and have everything to lose if it is implemented. Bangin

Implement it locally first. Once people get used to using it on the city and state level, they would start to demand it on a national level.

Also the two party system wouldn't be impacted much at all in the short run. The beauty of this system is it allows you to put your heart and soul into supporting a third party candidate without worrying about spoiling the election. This would help grow third parties but it would be a while before a third party got big enough to unseat one of the big two. Since politicians only worry about the short run, I think you could get some big party candidates to support it.....plus candidates could always switch parties if say the democrats disintegrated.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
17-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Might be a bit off topic, but do you not like Bernie sanders? Not saying I can't believe you don't like him, I'd just be interested to hear what people don't like about him. I'm leaning towards Bernie for now, but all I ever hear about him are things I like. I want to hear things I might not like, you know? Challenge my opinion a bit.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
17-09-2015, 05:57 PM
(17-09-2015 05:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Might be a bit off topic, but do you not like Bernie sanders? Not saying I can't believe you don't like him, I'd just be interested to hear what people don't like about him. I'm leaning towards Bernie for now, but all I ever hear about him are things I like. I want to hear things I might not like, you know? Challenge my opinion a bit.

A friend told me Bernie proposed free college. I like that but I realize college is never going to be free and subsidizing it is only going to increase its cost.

If you want to make college education more affordable, then produce more of it. Instead of subsidizing tuition.....build more colleges.

Also, you can get a "college" education for free today if you have an internet connection. A college diploma might cost you something, but everyone can pretty much educate themselves for little or no cost these days if they want too.