Fucking Turds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Fucking Turds
(17-09-2015 05:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A friend told me Bernie proposed free college. I like that but I realize college is never going to be free and subsidizing it is only going to increase its cost.

Think of it as an investment in your country's future. At the present time the USA is in reverse. If you wish to stay # 1, which IMO you no longer are, invest in your future population.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2015, 06:14 PM
(17-09-2015 05:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  How the fuck does one end the two-party system?

We'd have to switch to a parliamentary form of government with proportional representation. That's in the interest of neither party.

#sigh
17-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Many European countries have free education for all. They manage, they even manage to do health insurance for all at the same time. The US is ignorant about things and stuck in the past.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-09-2015, 06:30 PM
(17-09-2015 06:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Think of it as an investment in your country's future. At the present time the USA is in reverse. If you wish to stay # 1, which IMO you no longer are, invest in your future population.

Investing in the future would mean building more colleges so that more kids can actually attend. If that is what he wants to do, I don't have a problem with it. However if he wants to increase college tuition subsidies, that would just be an extension of a policy that has proved utterly disastrous.
17-09-2015, 06:35 PM
And as long as there's so much money available to politicians legally and semi legally, there's little practical difference between them. They'll continue acting in the interests of the deep pocketed folks (including corporations).

First step to my mind is real campaign finance reform and reversing Citizens United. Never going to happen, though.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
17-09-2015, 06:53 PM
(17-09-2015 05:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Might be a bit off topic, but do you not like Bernie sanders? Not saying I can't believe you don't like him, I'd just be interested to hear what people don't like about him. I'm leaning towards Bernie for now, but all I ever hear about him are things I like. I want to hear things I might not like, you know? Challenge my opinion a bit.

He's a turd.

I'm fiscally "conservative", and socially "progressive". I do not expect many people here to agree with all my beliefs...actually know many disagree with me. I'm more interested in discussing a system where more options are viable, and gotten some interesting feedback. I've never voted for a Democrat, and likely won't. I've never voted for a Republican in the general election either though, (once in the primaries). I have, and probably will continue, vote for third party candidates. Last time I voted Gary Johnson for president, as he was the candidate that best represented my ideas still running. I've still yet to meet a person who even ever heard of him.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
17-09-2015, 07:13 PM
The one thing I heard being tossed around again that I like is a flat tax. Pay a %, no deductions. The IRS can be dismissed pretty much, everyone will be able to calculate their taxes and it will always be fair.

The economic impact would be tricky, no more 3 martini lunches and such. Still, I really like the idea of a flat tax.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-09-2015, 07:29 PM
(17-09-2015 06:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Last time I voted Gary Johnson for president, as he was the candidate that best represented my ideas still running. I've still yet to meet a person who even ever heard of him.

I liked Gary Johnson accept that he was/is pro-abortion.
17-09-2015, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 07:54 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
IDK, this highlight reel seemed to capture it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
17-09-2015, 07:39 PM
(17-09-2015 06:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 05:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Might be a bit off topic, but do you not like Bernie sanders? Not saying I can't believe you don't like him, I'd just be interested to hear what people don't like about him. I'm leaning towards Bernie for now, but all I ever hear about him are things I like. I want to hear things I might not like, you know? Challenge my opinion a bit.

He's a turd.

I'm fiscally "conservative", and socially "progressive". I do not expect many people here to agree with all my beliefs...actually know many disagree with me. I'm more interested in discussing a system where more options are viable, and gotten some interesting feedback. I've never voted for a Democrat, and likely won't. I've never voted for a Republican in the general election either though, (once in the primaries). I have, and probably will continue, vote for third party candidates. Last time I voted Gary Johnson for president, as he was the candidate that best represented my ideas still running. I've still yet to meet a person who even ever heard of him.

I hear ya. Whenever I do those tests to show where you land on the political spectrum I usually land in the middle because I'm also a bit fiscally conservative. I voted for Ron Paul in caucuses and then voted for Gary Johnson when the election rolled around. As time goes on I seem to be changing in that area.

I was hoping Rand would be a more viable candidate version of his dad, but no way I'm voting for that ass bag Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta