Fucking Turds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Fucking Turds
(17-09-2015 07:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  The one thing I heard being tossed around again that I like is a flat tax. Pay a %, no deductions. The IRS can be dismissed pretty much, everyone will be able to calculate their taxes and it will always be fair.

The economic impact would be tricky, no more 3 martini lunches and such. Still, I really like the idea of a flat tax.

Depends on how you define fair.

I like a progressive tax system because the utility of a unit of currency changes depending on who has it and in what quantity. A flat tax with a personal exemption is mathematically progressive so I would be more inclined toward that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Quote:The one thing I heard being tossed around again that I like is a flat tax. Pay a %, no deductions. The IRS can be dismissed pretty much, everyone will be able to calculate their taxes and it will always be fair.

Oh, please. The rich scumbags who devised that scheme will pay less.

Like Rand Fucking Paul.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/20...e-flat-tax

Quote:What's not on that list of allowable expenses is wages. The Tax Foundation's analysis of the plan confirms that omission wasn't accidental. What that means is Paul's business tax is the equivalent of the value-added taxes, or VATs, that many other developed countries have. It's a consumption tax that people pay in the form of higher prices for consumer goods, or of lower real wages.

BTW, in case you haven't figured it out...and my guess is you haven't... the inability to deduct wages means rich corporate fucks have even less reason to hire more workers.

Keep barfing up shit about flat taxes if you like...but learn WTF you are talking about.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
18-09-2015, 02:14 AM
BUT BERNIE

DO YOU NOT FEEL THE BERN

YOU NEED TO BE EXPOSED

YOU NEED TO FEEL IT

REALLY FEEL IT
18-09-2015, 04:40 AM
Make party donations anonymous.

and/or publicly fund parties

and/or stop using the medieval first past the post system.

All Americas problems solved. Your welcome America.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-09-2015, 06:33 AM
(17-09-2015 05:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  How do you change American's mind-set about this?

Do Americans really want more parties?

Most Americans I know complain about voting for the "lesser of two evils". Sadly, it would involve changing the constitution.

Personally, I'm fond of Australia's preferential voting system. You vote for every person running and rank them. If no one gets 51% of the vote, you drop the lowest ranked candidate, and their votes go to other candidates for those voter's second-place pick. You keep repeating this process, dropping the lowest ranked candidate until one has 51% of the vote.

The nice thing about it is, it allows for more parties and it allows you to vote for the candidate you really want without worrying about "throwing your vote away". You can always put "the lesser of two evils" in as your #2 pick.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-09-2015, 06:57 AM
“It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see..."
"You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?"
"No," said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, "nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford. "It is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?"

Douglas Adams

Don't vote for lizards.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-09-2015, 10:33 AM
(17-09-2015 07:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  The one thing I heard being tossed around again that I like is a flat tax. Pay a %, no deductions. The IRS can be dismissed pretty much, everyone will be able to calculate their taxes and it will always be fair.

The economic impact would be tricky, no more 3 martini lunches and such. Still, I really like the idea of a flat tax.

I don't like it at all. A flat tax is a regressive tax code favoring the rich by failing to account for the law of diminishing marginal utility.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-09-2015, 06:47 PM
(17-09-2015 07:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 06:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  He's a turd.

I'm fiscally "conservative", and socially "progressive". I do not expect many people here to agree with all my beliefs...actually know many disagree with me. I'm more interested in discussing a system where more options are viable, and gotten some interesting feedback. I've never voted for a Democrat, and likely won't. I've never voted for a Republican in the general election either though, (once in the primaries). I have, and probably will continue, vote for third party candidates. Last time I voted Gary Johnson for president, as he was the candidate that best represented my ideas still running. I've still yet to meet a person who even ever heard of him.

I hear ya. Whenever I do those tests to show where you land on the political spectrum I usually land in the middle because I'm also a bit fiscally conservative. I voted for Ron Paul in caucuses and then voted for Gary Johnson when the election rolled around. As time goes on I seem to be changing in that area.

I was hoping Rand would be a more viable candidate version of his dad, but no way I'm voting for that ass bag Dodgy

Yup. I voted for Ron in the Primaries. Rand is probably the Republican candidate that I find least objectionable...but I still find him objectionable. Gary is running under as the Libertarian banner again this election. I'll vote for him again.

18-09-2015, 06:53 PM
(18-09-2015 10:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I don't like it at all. A flat tax is a regressive tax code favoring the rich by failing to account for the law of diminishing marginal utility.

I could agree to that - but, how would you feel about increasing indirect taxes so the upper middle-class and rich are taxed more, and reducing direct income tax at the top of the ladder (keeping a graduated direct tax where the poor pay nothing or a lesser amount) to make it more agreeable for the rich to actually pay their due taxes without going through loopholes since we can't seem to close them?

I do not necessarily endorse such an proposal, just something I've been mulling over. Seems like it may be an improvement over what we have now IF it could been implemented effectively, at least in theory.

18-09-2015, 08:59 PM
(18-09-2015 06:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 05:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  How do you change American's mind-set about this?

Do Americans really want more parties?

Most Americans I know complain about voting for the "lesser of two evils". Sadly, it would involve changing the constitution.

Personally, I'm fond of Australia's preferential voting system. You vote for every person running and rank them. If no one gets 51% of the vote, you drop the lowest ranked candidate, and their votes go to other candidates for those voter's second-place pick. You keep repeating this process, dropping the lowest ranked candidate until one has 51% of the vote.

The nice thing about it is, it allows for more parties and it allows you to vote for the candidate you really want without worrying about "throwing your vote away". You can always put "the lesser of two evils" in as your #2 pick.

That's a smart idea.

Now, if you could only get people like Heywood to agree with you ...

Laugh out load