Fucking Turds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Fucking Turds
(18-09-2015 06:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 10:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't like it at all. A flat tax is a regressive tax code favoring the rich by failing to account for the law of diminishing marginal utility.

I could agree to that - but, how would you feel about increasing indirect taxes so the upper middle-class and rich are taxed more, and reducing direct income tax at the top of the ladder (keeping a graduated direct tax where the poor pay nothing or a lesser amount) to make it more agreeable for the rich to actually pay their due taxes without going through loopholes since we can't seem to close them?

I do not necessarily endorse such an proposal, just something I've been mulling over. Seems like it may be an improvement over what we have now IF it could been implemented effectively, at least in theory.

Not sure what you mean by indirect taxes but if you mean sales taxes that still disproportionately affects the poor for the same reason. If you are talking about eliminating tax deductions like the mortgage interest deduction then that will disproportionately affect the middle class. Now if you're talking about treating carried interest income as ordinary income, yeah that could work.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Hmm, a couple of comments here.

Bernie Sanders is not a solution. You can vote how you'd like; all I ask is that you think how his big items would be implemented. They sound all neat but what about execution?

Our current system already has the rich paying the vast majority of the income taxes. While it is riddled with inefficiencies and supports a bloated incompetent government agency (IRS), the end result is that the rich pay the most taxes. I like the simplicity of a flat tax or a consumption tax but as others have said it does impact the lower class disproportionately.

From Hillary to Bernie to Donald to Jeb, they all suck, HARD. We need a sanity party. One that isn't ruled by PACs ,Washington career insiders, Wall Street and the "Party Platform". I just don't think that it could ever gain traction at the local level that would then force recognition at the national level.

Free college is all nice to talk about but it is (1) nigh on impossible to create without completely tearing down the US university system (good luck fighting the alumni base and the schools with massive endowments), (2) won't fix what ails the US economy. The US economy no longer produces anything of value like it used to. We need to make physical goods, not government workers. Making physical goods doesn't require armies of liberal arts students with massive loan balances and a french literature degree. We need to have workers with trade skills. That will restore the middle class without depending on the US government to provide it.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
22-09-2015, 01:03 PM
(18-09-2015 08:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  That's a smart idea.

Now, if you could only get people like Heywood to agree with you ...

Laugh out load

I'm American and If it was my choice, I would implement an alternative vote in an instant.