Fucking hate my boss.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Fucking hate my boss.
I just spent 10 minutes writing this post and my computer went off. Even more pissed now.

Anyway, I once made a thread about how my -then new- boss made my life miserable.

Time passed and things got better. She got softer. I stopped feeling bad and being stressed about going to work.

That was up until yesterday.
I had planned to make some gifts for the kids I teach since it would be my one and only year there and they wouldn't see me again. Yesterday she noticed, and told me off.

She says I should I have told her about it, asking why I "left her out", telling me it's unprofessional to do it without asking permission because she's responsible for what the kids bring back at home.

You may think she's right, but here are the facts:

- She wouldn't even listen to me, she just kept shouting, even when the kids could hear (I myself tried to keep quiet and be discreet).
- She said things like "You didn't tell me so you could be, what, the nice one?", implying I left her out to make myself more likeable than her? Wtf.
- I told her I had promised to the kids that I'd give them gifts, and she told me I shouldn't be promising anything, not even talk about anything else with the kids other than what is relevant for the lesson (also mentioning that she had made that clear from the beginning, except she hadn't). Again, wtf.
- She told me I was not allowed to give them anything. She wouldn't let it happen even if I showed her that the gifts are nothing to worry about.
- I apologized A MILLION times, only to have her tell me that I never did.
- She talks about me doing "unprofessional" things, while her faults are countless. She shouts and is not discreet at all (she has often embarrassed me by telling me off while the kids were around), she sometimes spends half of her lesson talking about irrelevant things, she makes mistakes in both English and Greek, and all that while being the owner of that place for more than 20 years.
- She is the boss, she owns the place, but back when she was my teacher, I felt like we were all a big family, and she has told me several times after I started working there that she doesn't see me as an employee, but as a co-worker. I told her it wasn't like I'd keep it a secret, I wasn't hiding it. I just felt very comfortable and didn't think I needed to ask for permission. To me, it was natural. To her, it was taking too many liberties.

She's pissed. She has anger management issues. The kids heard her.
When they asked me where their gifts were, I made up an excuse, and they were devastated. One of them started saying "I know what happened! I was there, I heard you! Why don't you tell us the truth?"
I managed to evade the question several times, but I still have two days left there and the kids won't just let it go.

I spent a lot of time and I worked hard to make those gifts for them. I really love these kids and I will miss them. There's no way I won't give them the gifts, but I really don't know how.

Keep in mind that my boss is extremely unreasonable and emotionally explosive. All her complexes come up whenever she's angry. Yeah, it would probably have been wise to tell her in advance, but it's not like it's the fucking end of the world. I tried to be condescending and all, but she didn't even listen! She completely ignored all I was saying and kept throwing accusations my way.

There's no reasoning with her and I couldn't really care less about her to be honest. I just care about the kids and how I will handle this situation.

Sorry if this is too long. Thanks to anyone who bothered with it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like undergroundp's post
23-05-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Fucking hate my boss.
(23-05-2014 01:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I just spent 10 minutes writing this post and my computer went off. Even more pissed now.

Anyway, I once made a thread about how my -then new- boss made my life miserable.

Time passed and things got better. She got softer. I stopped feeling bad and being stressed about going to work.

I had planned to make some gifts for the kids I teach since it would be my one and only year there and they wouldn't see me again. Yesterday she noticed, and told me off.

She says I should I have told her about it, asking why I "left her out", telling me it's unprofessional to do it without asking permission because she's responsible for what the kids bring back at home.

- She wouldn't even listen to me, she just kept shouting, even when the kids could hear (I myself tried to keep quiet and be discreet).
- She said things like "You didn't tell me so you could be, what, the nice one?", implying I left her out to make myself more likeable than her? Wtf.
- I told her I had promised to the kids that I'd give them gifts, and she told me I shouldn't be promising anything, not even talk about anything else with the kids other than what is relevant for the lesson (also mentioning that she had made that clear from the beginning, except she hadn't). Again, wtf.
- She told me I was not allowed to give them anything. She wouldn't let it happen even if I showed her that the gifts are nothing to worry about.
- She talks about me doing "unprofessional" things, while her faults are countless. She shouts and is not discreet at all (she has often embarrassed me by telling me off while the kids were around), she sometimes spends half of her lesson talking about irrelevant things, she makes mistakes in both English and Greek, and all that while being the owner of that place for more than 20 years.
- She is the boss, she owns the place, but back when she was my teacher, I felt like we were all a big family, and she has told me several times after I started working there that she doesn't see me as an employee, but as a co-worker. I told her it wasn't like I'd keep it a secret, I wasn't hiding it. I just felt very comfortable and didn't think I needed to ask for permission. To me, it was natural. To her, it was taking too many liberties.

When they asked me where their gifts were, I made up an excuse, and they were devastated. One of them started saying "I know what happened! I was there, I heard you! Why don't you tell us the truth?"
I managed to evade the question several times, but I still have two days left there and the kids won't just let it go.

I spent a lot of time and I worked hard to make those gifts for them. I really love these kids and I will miss them. There's no way I won't give them the gifts, but I really don't know how.

Keep in mind that my boss is extremely unreasonable and emotionally explosive. All her complexes come up whenever she's angry. Yeah, it would probably have been wise to tell her in advance, but it's not like it's the fucking end of the world. I tried to be condescending and all, but she didn't even listen! She completely ignored all I was saying and kept throwing accusations my way.

There's no reasoning with her and I couldn't really care less about her to be honest. I just care about the kids and how I will handle this situation.

Hug

Hang in there. You'll be out of there before you know it and she won't be your problem anymore.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
23-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Can you mail the gifts? Secretly put them in the kids coat pockets? Hand them out as the kids leave the room for the last time?

I'd get one more gift for the boss. Perhaps a dead rose?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
23-05-2014, 02:03 PM
(23-05-2014 01:47 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Hug

Hang in there. You'll be out of there before you know it and she won't be your problem anymore.

Hug

Trying to. At first I would cry, but now I really feel like I don't give a fuck. I almost feel like laughing at her nonsense when she talks.

The kids are the only thing I care about in this situation.

(23-05-2014 01:59 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Can you mail the gifts? Secretly put them in the kids coat pockets? Hand them out as the kids leave the room for the last time?

Well, we're talking about 20 kids here. It's also a small town, she'd know if the kids got them. She personally knows half of the parents.

And that's an awesome idea for a gift Laugh out load

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
23-05-2014, 02:06 PM
She seems to have put herself into some kind of "competition" with you... which is extremely immature. Even though she may be your boss, you are doing your job - you owe her nothing more than that.

She certainly has issues that you need to stay far away from ... if only to keep her immature behavior from infecting you and your positive outlook. Remain calm and cordial but keep her at a distance, if that is at all possible - ignore her immature and irrational antics.

If you want to give the kids their little gifts, meet with them on the last day, just after the class lets out. They won't mind a few more moments. You care about them and they deserve this last exchange of respect with you.

Hang on and good luck. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
23-05-2014, 02:07 PM
(23-05-2014 01:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I just spent 10 minutes writing this post and my computer went off. Even more pissed now.

I'm sorry about your situation, my wife acts the same way sometimes.

Your boss probably has Narcissitic Personality Disorder. NDP can be really tough to navigate, given that people with the disorder have little to no empathy, has unrealistic expectations and are always in fight or flight mode. They can be emotionally taxing on the people around them until they get help to manage their personality. If I was in your position I would try to look for employment elsewhere (given that your in Greece I dont know how easy that would be for you). I would also be concerned if she is that abusive to the kids that she oversees, if so that would bring a whole other can of worms.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 4 users Like djkamilo's post
23-05-2014, 02:21 PM
It sounds like to me the one being unprofessional is your boss and I would tell her that and threaten a higher authority figure over her if she does it again.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-05-2014, 02:25 PM
(23-05-2014 02:06 PM)kim Wrote:  She seems to have put herself into some kind of "competition" with you... which is extremely immature. Even though she may be your boss, you are doing your job - you owe her nothing more than that.

She certainly has issues that you need to stay far away from ... if only to keep her immature behavior from infecting you and your positive outlook. Remain calm and cordial but keep her at a distance, if that is at all possible - ignore her immature and irrational antics.

If you want to give the kids their little gifts, meet with them on the last day, just after the class lets out. They won't mind a few more moments. You care about them and they deserve this last exchange of respect with you.

Hang on and good luck. Thumbsup

Thanks!

She even went so far as to tell me that in her school, things happen her way, and if I want to give gifts, I should find "my own kids" Facepalm

The problem with meeting the kids afterwards is that there are 4 different classes with which I meet on different days and times. It would be hard to co-ordinate that without her knowing.

(23-05-2014 02:07 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Your boss probably has Narcissitic Personality Disorder. NDP can be really tough to navigate, given that people with the disorder have little to no empathy, has unrealistic expectations and are always in fight or flight mode. They can be emotionally taxing on the people around them until they get help to manage their personality. If I was in your position I would try to look for employment elsewhere (given that your in Greece I dont know how easy that would be for you). I would also be concerned if she is that abusive to the kids that she oversees, if so that would bring a whole other can of worms.

This sounds exactly like her. Whenever there was tension between us, she would randomly go like "You are still young and you don't have my experience! Do you know how much I've done to build this place on my own? Do you know how much I have achieved?" even when it was all irrelevant to the conversation!

Don't worry, I'm not only leaving the job, I'm also moving to another city. I won't even have to see her face again.
As for the kids, I haven't noticed any such behavior. Unfair, too strict and irresponsible at times yes, but not so much for it to be considered serious.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
23-05-2014, 02:36 PM
You need to play the new mafia game that is forming...you can vent your anger.Drinking Beverage

Sorry you have to put up with that crap.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
23-05-2014, 07:44 PM
(23-05-2014 02:03 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 01:47 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Hug

Hug

Trying to. At first I would cry, but now I really feel like I don't give a fuck. I almost feel like laughing at her nonsense when she talks.

The kids are the only thing I care about in this situation.

(23-05-2014 01:59 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Can you mail the gifts? Secretly put them in the kids coat pockets? Hand them out as the kids leave the room for the last time?

Well, we're talking about 20 kids here. It's also a small town, she'd know if the kids got them. She personally knows half of the parents.

And that's an awesome idea for a gift Laugh out load

IF..... you will be out of reach of her clutches after a couple days, all the better that she'll hear of it. Wrap them up real pretty so the mothers make a fuss over that, too. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post