05-11-2012, 11:26 PM
RE: Fulfilled Prophecies
Thanks, guys. Good answers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 11:52 PM
I postdicted I would get on TTA.
Wow! I am good. Any future times I get on here is just gravy.

Mmmmm! Gravy!

Find all posts by this user
06-11-2012, 07:03 AM
In addition to all the ways in which certain "prophecies" can be debunked, I like to include the following argument for consideration:

"The Bible said that there would be persecution of believers? It said there would be earthquakes and adverse weather conditions? That's all well and fine, but these are things that any man with a functioning brain-stem could 'predict'. I doesn't take a theologian to know that people with a certain faith are going to be persecuted by others. It doesn't take a seismologist to know that earthquakes occur regularly, and it doesn't take a meteorologist to know that weather occurs all the time and in all forms. For these reasons, such vague predictions are unimpressive. What WOULD be impressive, however, is if the Bible said something like 'Late in the 20th century, Man will ascend to the heavens and set foot upon a firmament'. This would hint at the Moon landing, which is something no man 2,000 years ago could have possibly predicted. And yet, we see nothing akin to this in the Bible."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user