Fulfilled prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Fulfilled prophecy
There are prophecies in the Bible that are in the process of being fulfilled right now.

God told the Israelites that if they persisted in sinning they would be driven from their land and scattered among the other nations but that they would be regathered in their own land for a final judgment. This scattering took place after they rejected Jesus as the Messiah. The final regathering started in 1948 when the state of Israel was established.

Two more prophecies being fulfilled now are found in Daniel 12:4,
Quote:But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.
In Daniel's time the fastest method of transportation was by horseback, and this remained true until about 200 years ago, when the steam engine was invented. Now it is possible to go anywhere in the world in only a few hours. This is a fulfillment of the first prophecy.

Horseback was also the fasest method of disseminating information so that something learned in one place was often unknown anywhere else. Beginning with the invention of the telegraph it became easier to spread information to other places and now anything that is learned in one place is quickly known throughout the world. As a result everyone has access to a lot more knowledge than was possible in the past.

Here is an article that gives a more detailed explanation of Daniel's prophecies:

http://www.raptureready.com/soap/wood5.html

If you are interested in learning more about the Biblical prophecies that are still to be fulfilled here are two good places to look:

http://www.divineintervention.ws/FRAMES.HTM

http://raptureready.com/

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: Fulfilled prophecy
This sort of thing happens all the time though. In fact it happened before the bible was written, in the time when the bible was written, and between then and 1948. With Israelis and other peoples.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2011, 01:14 PM
People who cite Nostradamus do the same thing , adapt something ambiguous to fit current times.If you are so convinced the bible is a good source of prophecy and readings into the future , predict something that will happen THIS year using the bible.
11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
The "prophecies" of the Bible are so vague that they can be used to predict almost anything - especially after it's already happened.

I can predict the future right now - there will be great storms in the year 2011. And that is more specific than "knowledge shall increase."

Also, with most cases of Biblical prophecy, how do we know that these "prophecies" weren't recorded after the events had happened, or during the events happening? Prophets, wise men, soothsayers, shamans, all made their living by offering advice and "predicting" events for kings, queens, and others. So if you were one, it would be part of your job to pay attention to certain things around you - the political climate, military conflicts, the morale of your people, etc. And then you based your advice and predictions on what you saw. Big deal - people still do that, and sometimes they're right, sometimes not.

I'm not particularly familiar with Daniel, but let's say the author of Daniel notices a few things - people are writing more things down, for example. Knowledge, in the form of the written word, is being recorded and used to teach. Crowds and education-type classes are getting larger. People are spreading information in a new way (newer than just memorizing and passing it on through word of mouth). Someone can send a scroll to another village or kingdom by horse. Well then, "Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase." See how easy that was?

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
11-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I am really starting to feel like theophilus is spamming instead of discussing. The only threads he comments on are the ones he started, he doesn't seem to be able to keep up with them, and even so, continues to post more threads. I'm all for having theists here to discuss their beliefs. But discuss them, don't just post what you believe, and when you can't back it up, simply go ahead and post something else. This is tiring, and unproductive. I feel silly telling a 70 year old this, but;

theophilus, grow up.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-01-2011, 02:38 PM
(11-01-2011 01:47 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am really starting to feel like theophilus is spamming instead of discussing. The only threads he comments on are the ones he started, he doesn't seem to be able to keep up with them, and even so, continues to post more threads. I'm all for having theists here to discuss their beliefs. But discuss them, don't just post what you believe, and when you can't back it up, simply go ahead and post something else. This is tiring, and unproductive. I feel silly telling a 70 year old this, but;

theophilus, grow up.

Agreed. This was the first of his threads I have commented on, but I was not going to comment further unless I was responded to. We'll see, but I'm not hopeful.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
11-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah theophilus is just simply giving us links to unreliable websites, and not responding to our facts. Theophilus needs to realize that a bunch of weird links isn't going to change our minds. He is probably retired and really bored so he simply researches random stuff on the internet then post them here for us not to care about.
11-01-2011, 09:44 PM

It's pretty easy to fulfill a prophecy that you're familiar with. It's called "self-fulfilling prophecy."

Of course mankind has gained knowledge since the time of Daniel! I'm pretty sure I could write a prophecy that would predict that mankind will continue to advance too.

The early church fathers didn't believe in the rapture either, by the way. Is this another case of you being smarter than they were?
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 11:42 AM
(11-01-2011 01:14 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  People who cite Nostradamus do the same thing , adapt something ambiguous to fit current times.If you are so convinced the bible is a good source of prophecy and readings into the future , predict something that will happen THIS year using the bible.
The Bible doesn't tell when or how quickly the prophecies will be fulfilled so there is no way to tell what will happen in a specific year.

(11-01-2011 01:39 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  Also, with most cases of Biblical prophecy, how do we know that these "prophecies" weren't recorded after the events had happened, or during the events happening?
Israel became a nation in 1948. There can't be any doubt that the prophecies about it were written before then.

(11-01-2011 01:47 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am really starting to feel like theophilus is spamming instead of discussing.
Most of the people who have responded have indicated that they simply don't believe what I am saying. There isn't much that I can say about that.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2011, 11:46 AM

(12-01-2011 11:42 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The Bible doesn't tell when or how quickly the prophecies will be fulfilled so there is no way to tell what will happen in a specific year.

Isn't that part of the problem? The progression of human society leads to so many consequences and events over hundreds of years that eventually the ramblings of anyone could end up actually happening.

If I simply predict that a great nation of Africa shall arise, but never specify when this will happen, then eventually I don't doubt that changing economic and political conditions will give rise to a powerful nation in Africa.
Quote this message in a reply