Full Circle’s Lament (or Why the fuck do they keep sending me these?)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Full Circle’s Lament (or Why the fuck do they keep sending me these?)
My family loves to forward to me every religious/political piece-of-shit email making the rounds that day. I normally delete without reading but I used to read them and write scathing rebuttals, eventually I grew tired of it, my rebuttals were totally ignored unless you consider being bombarded by even more piece-of-shit religious/political emails being sent.

For a while I blocked their emails but silly me I unblocked them a few months ago.

I got this doozy today and I thought, why don’t I get the forum involved in giving me ideas for composing a rebuttal? I don’t want to be the only one having all the fun Rolleyes having to research every last bit of misinformation.

Read at your own peril, have blood pressure pills nearby.

Subject: FW: FYI / CATHOLIC CHURCH

Catholics During the Civil War most of the nurses were nuns.
Even if you are not Catholic, this is eye opening: when the Catholic Church was founded, there were no hospitals. Today, one out of five people in this Country receive their medical care at a Catholic hospital. When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no schools. Today, the Catholic Church teaches 3 million students a day, in its more than 250 Catholic Colleges and Universities, in its more than 1200 Catholic High Schools and its more than 5000 Catholic grade schools. Every day, the Catholic Church feeds, clothes, shelters and educates more people than any other organization in the world.

The new Obama Health Mandate could end all this and the tax payers would have to make up the loss. Also, all Catholic adoption services will come to an end...a human disaster.
There are more than 77 million Catholics in this country. It takes an estimated 50 million Catholic votes to elect a president.

I am asking all of you to go to the polls in 2016 and be united in replacing all Senators and Reps with someone who will respect: the Catholic Church, all Christians, and all Religions , with the exception of Islam.

Mr. President, you said, "The USA is not a Christian Nation." You are wrong - we are a Christian Nation, founded on Judeo-Christian values allowing all religions in America to worship and practice freely.... something that Islam will never do.

Oh, by the way, on MUSLIM HERITAGE IN America....Have you ever been to a Muslim hospital, heard a Muslim orchestra, seen a Muslim band march in a parade, know of a Muslim charity, ever seen Muslims shaking hands with a Muslim Girl Scout, or ever seen a Muslim Candy Striper volunteering in a hospital? Have you ever seen a Muslim do much of anything that contributes positively to the American way of life?

PLEASE DON'T KEEP THIS. PLEASE SEND IT OUT TO YOUR LIST

Let's circulate this to as many as possible. And remember the elections coming up in 2016!

One more note: In every church or synagogue I have ever entered in the United States, I have always seen an American flag. Mosques in the United States do not display American flags. Why?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2015, 03:33 PM
RE: Full Circle’s Lament (or Why the fuck do they keep sending me these?)
Have you asked them not to send you stuff like this?
28-11-2015, 03:47 PM
I wish I had something substantial to offer, but the fail it's just too big. I am at a loss for words. Perhaps Hitchens' special on Mother Theresa would open their eyes to the massive failure of the Catholic church to address the need for real human compassion and empathy.

But then again, probably not...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-11-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm not gonna read that waste of time.
My advice is tell these idiots to grow up.
Then pull the plug on them.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-11-2015, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 12:59 PM by pablo.)
The Catholic church was founded a long time ago. Are they trying to claim that today there wouldn't hospitals, schools, or charities if not for the Catholic church?
The garbage about a christian nation? Send them back this.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
28-11-2015, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 04:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
I'll have a go.

Quote:Subject: FW: FYI / CATHOLIC CHURCH

Meanwhile the Methodists were surgeons earning the Medal of Honor. Mary Edwards Walker.

Quote:The new Obama Health Mandate could end all this and the tax payers would have to make up the loss. Also, all Catholic adoption services will come to an end...a human disaster.

Why's that? Obama took away Catholic charity? Bastard. Somebody should tell Pope Francis.

Quote:There are more than 77 million Catholics in this country. It takes an estimated 50 million Catholic votes to elect a president.

I'm waiting for Nate Silver to verify that claim.

Quote:I am asking all of you to go to the polls in 2016 and be united in replacing all Senators and Reps with someone who will respect: the Catholic Church, all Christians, and all Religions, with the exception of Islam.

Mr. President, you said, "The USA is not a Christian Nation." You are wrong - we are a Christian Nation, founded on Judeo-Christian values allowing all religions in America to worship and practice freely.... something that Islam will never do.

Apparently something the Catholics will never do either.

Quote:Have you ever seen a Muslim do much of anything that contributes positively to the American way of life?

A Muslim, a Sikh, and a Jew gave my mom a new aortic valve and saved her life. The Muslim happened to be Syrian, like my step father.

Quote:One more note: In every church or synagogue I have ever entered in the United States, I have always seen an American flag. Mosques in the United States do not display American flags. Why?

Dunno what churches and synagogues you been to but I've never seen an American flag on display in any place of worship I've been in and I've been in a lot.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Honestly I've never seen an American flag inside or outside of any church.

Like ever.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-11-2015, 04:23 PM
So far:

Subject: FW: FYI / CATHOLIC CHURCH

* Clara Barton founded the American Red Cross "Although not formally a member of the Universalist Church of America,[23] in a 1905 letter to the widow of Carl Norman Thrasher, she identified herself with her parents' church as a "Universalist".[24]”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clara_Barton
*Dorothea Dix founded hospitals for the mentally ill and was a Unitarian Universalist.
http://uudb.org/articles/dorotheadix.html

*"Religious orders also responded to this new opportunity for service by sending their own trained nurses to staff field hospitals near the front. Within a few months of the war’s onset, some 600 women were serving as nurses in 12 hospitals. In all, eight Catholic orders sent nuns to serve in the war.”
http://www.historynet.com/civil-war-nurses

Even if you are not Catholic, this is eye opening: when the Catholic Church was founded, there were no hospitals. Today, one out of five people in this Country receive their medical care at a Catholic hospital.

*”According to the report, Catholic acute-care hospitals now account for 1 in 9 hospital beds around the country”. "Keep in mind that these numbers are from 2011. Since then, according to the report, the largest Catholic health hospital networks, Ascension Health and Catholic Health Initiatives, have grown by another 30 percent or more.”
but
"authors of the new report, titled “Miscarriage of Medicine: The Growth of Catholic Hospitals and the Threat to Reproductive Health Care,” assert that the risk to patients is especially great in areas where a Catholic hospital is the sole provider for an entire region.
http://www.propublica.org/article/the-gr...he-numbers

*”Myth #4: The charity care provided by Catholic hospitals justifies a few omissions.

Fact: Catholic hospitals provide charity care at a rate below the average for all hospitals.

Catholic hospital charity care accounts for 2.8 percent of total patient revenue.
For-profit hospitals provide charity care at 2 percent and public hospitals at 5.6 percent.
Myth #5: Catholic doctrine only affects a few aspects of reproductive health care.

Fact: In addition to contraception and abortion, the following procedures are restricted by Catholic doctrine:

Postpartum and direct sterilization;
Elimination of an ectopic pregnancy;
Medical assistance with a miscarriage or other perinatal loss;
Screening for fatal fetal anomalies;
Artificial reproductive technologies involving donor gametes.

Myth #6: Patients can choose to go to non-Catholic facilities for care.

Fact: Patients and physicians who work at Catholic hospitals are often unaware of the scope of restrictions.

Fact: Catholic hospitals are often a community’s only choice for health care.

Thirty Catholic hospitals are sole-provider hospitals, meaning they are located more than 35 miles from a similar hospital or provider.
These hospitals receive more money from the federal government for being sole providers in a region.”
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2014/0...ed-states/

When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no schools.

*Founded where? In the US? In antiquity?
"In 1606, in what is now St. Augustine, Florida, the Franciscan Order founded the first Catholic school on what would eventually become American shores, in order “to teach children Christian doctrine, reading, and writing."
http://www.nationalaffairs.com/publicati...s-be-saved

Today, the Catholic Church teaches 3 million students a day, in its more than 250 Catholic Colleges and Universities, in its more than 1200 Catholic High Schools and its more than 5000 Catholic grade schools. Every day, the Catholic Church feeds, clothes, shelters and educates more people than any other organization in the world.

*#13 Catholic Charities USA - Forbes
http://www.forbes.com/companies/catholic-charities-usa/
*”We’re admittedly using a bit of guesswork, but Catholic charity seems to account for 17 percent to 34 percent of all nonprofit social-service charity, depending on how generous an estimate you make. And that share drops to single digits once you factor in the money the federal government spends on means-tested programs. We rate the statement False.”
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...services-/
*[Image: 20120818_fbc986.png]
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...0-in-2010/

The new Obama Health Mandate could end all this and the tax payers would have to make up the loss.

Wait, what?

Also, all Catholic adoption services will come to an end...a human disaster.
There are more than 77 million Catholics in this country. It takes an estimated 50 million Catholic votes to elect a president.

I am asking all of you to go to the polls in 2016 and be united in replacing all Senators and Reps with someone who will respect: the Catholic Church, all Christians, and all Religions , with the exception of Islam.

Oh, by the way, on MUSLIM HERITAGE IN America....Have you ever been to a Muslim hospital, heard a Muslim orchestra, seen a Muslim band march in a parade, know of a Muslim charity, ever seen Muslims shaking hands with a Muslim Girl Scout, or ever seen a Muslim Candy Striper volunteering in a hospital? Have you ever seen a Muslim do much of anything that contributes positively to the American way of life?

*TRUE no Muslim Hospitals. There are however bout 20,000 Muslim physicians in the US or about 10% of total.
http://www.chicagonow.com/midwestern-mus...ink-again/
As for the other stuff see the responce below since I’m not the first one to get this email, here’s a response in 2012
http://www.rantingnewyorker.com/index.ph...d-muslims/

PLEASE DON'T KEEP THIS. PLEASE SEND IT OUT TO YOUR LIST

Let's circulate this to as many as possible. And remember the elections coming up in 2016!

One more note: In every church or synagogue I have ever entered in the United States, I have always seen an American flag. Mosques in the United States do not display American flags. Why?
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Could not find any info.

The whole idea behind this letter is to promote hatred towards Muslims and promote the Catholic Church.

Lovely. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
28-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Let's not forget the child molestations.

I cannot be bothered looking up stupid crap today. Perhaps you can find Crimes of the Catholic church on google. There's bound to be plenty.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-11-2015, 04:26 PM
(28-11-2015 03:33 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Have you asked them not to send you stuff like this?

Yes. They have me on their lump list.

May have to block them again.