Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
You didn’t answer my previous question,

“So is this an era that you are bringing or one that you are heralding?"

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
29-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Man rightly inspired under God wrote the report.

It says that salvation, and purpose and meaning is for all. It states that regardless of wrongs of ones past they can find true direction and meaning to their life that is under the intended direction of the creative force that is responsable for all existence.

It is my duty because I have been given the opportunity and responsability to tell all who will listen.
29-11-2015, 01:40 PM
(29-11-2015 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Man rightly inspired under God wrote the report.

You’ve been here long enough to know that as an atheist, skeptic and secular humanist I’m going to have to ask you for some clarifications.

Since I have never seen any evidence of the supernatural I’m going to have to ask you to 1) define what you mean when you say God and what attributes does it have and 2) provide evidence of such.

Remember that for me anything claimed without evidence is a non-starter.

(29-11-2015 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It says that salvation, and purpose and meaning is for all. It states that regardless of wrongs of ones past they can find true direction and meaning to their life that is under the intended direction of the creative force that is responsable for all existence.

It is my duty because I have been given the opportunity and responsability to tell all who will listen.

I can’t possibly respond to the latter until I hear what you have to say about the former.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-11-2015, 01:46 PM
You know that I cannot provide the things that you would consider evidence.

With that being said; I will continue if you wish, as we both understand that God, Not unlike other things cannot yet be proven by science.

I await your response and will gladly continue if you so wish. I prefer not to waste your time or mine though.
29-11-2015, 02:03 PM
(29-11-2015 01:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You know that I cannot provide the things that you would consider evidence.

I’m glad you acknowledged this.

This is exactly the issue at hand. No matter what the “report or news” may contain, if it fails to come from a credible and verifiable source what value does it have?

Whenever you or any theist refer to a religion’s scripture, for example, the listener must first believe using only faith that the scripture is “true” or worth paying heed to.

I do not.

So this brings me to the question of why are you here on this forum?
Are you here looking for converts?
Are you here because your god is telling you to be here?

(29-11-2015 01:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  With that being said; I will continue if you wish, as we both understand that God, Not unlike other things cannot yet be proven by science.

I await your response and will gladly continue if you so wish. I prefer not to waste your time or mine though.

As long as you acknowledge that there is no evidence you can present or scripture you can quote that passes as actual evidence of the supernatural realm I willing to explore why you, as an adult, hold on to what I consider untenable beliefs.

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
29-11-2015, 02:07 PM
(29-11-2015 01:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You know that I cannot provide the things that you would consider evidence.

With that being said; I will continue if you wish, as we both understand that God, Not unlike other things cannot yet be proven by science.

One more thing with respects as to why you are on this forum:

If you know you can’t provide evidence and you know skeptics require it and you don’t want to waste our time or yours...why are you here?

I am perplexed to say the least.

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
29-11-2015, 02:14 PM
(29-11-2015 02:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

One more thing with respects as to why you are on this forum:

If you know you can’t provide evidence and you know skeptics require it and you don’t want to waste our time or yours...why are you here?

Faith and hope.

I can give evidence for God. You may consider it mindless rambling though as I cannot reproduce the things I have witnessed.

I am here out of duty as stated. I know that I cannot easily sway any here by myself. Never expected it to be easy though, and am not alone. Perhaps we can continue conversation and when I come across something that I can relate what I consider evidence for, I will do so.
29-11-2015, 02:19 PM
I understand that most here consider scripture to be fable, but when viewed more thoroughly throughout many religions it is easy to see that they are all very similar even though they span time and geographical boundaries.
29-11-2015, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 02:32 PM by Full Circle.)
(29-11-2015 02:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 02:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  One more thing with respects as to why you are on this forum:

Faith and hope.

I can give evidence for God. You may consider it mindless rambling though as I cannot reproduce the things I have witnessed.

I am here out of duty as stated. I know that I cannot easily sway any here by myself. Never expected it to be easy though, and am not alone. Perhaps we can continue conversation and when I come across something that I can relate what I consider evidence for, I will do so.

Faith in what? Hope for what? Duty to whom? An unevidenced god?

Are you here to “witness”?

Unsolicited friendly advice: If you are going to hang around TTA remember that belief is not something you can forcefully hammer into anyone, unless they are children of course.

[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
29-11-2015, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 02:36 PM by Full Circle.)
(29-11-2015 02:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I understand that most here consider scripture to be fable, but when viewed more thoroughly throughout many religions it is easy to see that they are all very similar even though they span time and geographical boundaries.

I am no biblical scholar but I think the similarities in the Abrahamic scriptures is becuase they all were plagiarized from the same sources. Gilgamesh comes to mind.

Thinking that similarities provide some evidence that they are factual is a fool’s errand.

ps Speaking of geographical boundaries, have you stopped to wonder why civilizations as old as India, China and even the Australian aboriginies have few if any similarities to the Middle-eastern ones?

[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
Thread Closed