Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
(29-11-2015 02:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 02:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I understand that most here consider scripture to be fable, but when viewed more thoroughly throughout many religions it is easy to see that they are all very similar even though they span time and geographical boundaries.

I am no biblical scholar but I think the similarities in the Abrahamic scriptures is becuase they all were plagiarized from the same sources. Gilgamesh comes to mind.

Thinking that similarities provide some evidence that they are factual is a fool’s errand.

ps Speaking of geographical boundaries, have you stopped to wonder why civilizations as old as India, China and even the Australian aboriginies have few if any similarities to the Middle-eastern ones?
They weren't plagiarized. History repeats itself. Not too sure about China but the Hindu perception on God and the entire Gita aligns quite well with other monotheistic religions. I'm not really using Abrahamic religion as a basis so much as comparing each collectively. So far all core scriptures I have been able to attain all teach the same things and ways of being and methods to get there. The main difference is generally the name given to the same One Creator GOD by man for reasons of greed and hunger for power in most cases.
Find all posts by this user
29-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Native American beliefs line up with belief in a creative source too, and teach many of the same ways of being.

These general similarities aren't because of plagiarism, they are due to the selfless conscience and God that has remained the same over the ages and cultures. What has changed is the needs of the civilizations.
29-11-2015, 09:33 PM
<delete>

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2015, 12:09 AM
(29-11-2015 07:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not too sure about China but the Hindu perception on God and the entire Gita aligns quite well with other monotheistic religions.

Not even a close match, the setting of the Gita in a battlefield has been interpreted as an allegory for the ethical and moral struggles of the human life and you could not have picked a more polytheistic religion to attempt to shoehorn as a comaparable to the monotheistic religions.

(29-11-2015 07:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Native American beliefs line up with belief in a creative source too, and teach many of the same ways of being.

These general similarities aren't because of plagiarism, they are due to the selfless conscience and God that has remained the same over the ages and cultures. What has changed is the needs of the civilizations.

I don’t think you understand the very point you made and then my counterpoint.

If you were talking about Christian scripture (you led me to believe you were) then no, they aren’t similar at all. "Native American religion tends to focus around nature. The landscape, animals, plants, and other environmental elements play a major role in the religion of Native Americans. Many of the legends passed down were an attempt to explain events that occurred in nature.”
http://www.indians.org/articles/native-a...igion.html

You will never find any similar stories like those in the OT or NT that even remotely compare. So please let’s not just throw crap out there and hope that it sticks, we both know how to use the internet so don’t make shit up in the hopes I won’t look it up, deal? Good, hope we cleared that up.

Define “selfless conscience” because that sounds like a deepity to me, it sounds important but I don’t think it means anything. I think everyone here would appreciate it if you would stay away from New Age soundbites and stick to meaningful English, I know I would. Thanks.

Finally please be a bit more specific with your assertions, because when you say, “What has changed is the needs of the civilizations”, I’m left in the dark. I don’t want to assume you mean one thing when you meant another. To avoid misunderstandings say what you mean so that even I can understand it. Lay out your argument in logical steps so I can understand how you got there.

(29-11-2015 07:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The main difference is generally the name given to the same One Creator GOD by man ...

So you assume that everyone is praying to the same god? Cool assertion, unprovable, but let’s not let that stop you from making it right? I think if you asked members of the different worldwide religions they would not agree with you, and there’s a lot of them and only one of you. How is it that you have the “truth”?

Questions that I have previously asked that remain unanswered.
Faith in what?
Hope for what?
Duty to whom?
Are you here to “witness”?
Why are you here on this forum?
Are you here looking for converts?
Are you here because your god is telling you to be here?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
01-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Where did you go popsthebuilder? I have questions that you haven’t answered.

I know you are around posting in the comment thread to this challenge Facepalm
If I don’t hear back from you soon I’ll ask to have this one closed.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Hey DLJ, moms, you can go ahead and close this thread, pops is never coming back.

Thread Closed