Full Sail University

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 07:08 PM by Ferdinand.)
Full Sail University
My mother fucking dream school.

I recently went on a school trip to Orlando with my news and film class. We toured Florida University and Full Sail university. Whenever we toured Full Sail, I probably shed a tear (and maybe a little pee) in every hallway and art building. I just wanted to hug the sound boards and cry really hard, I was so excited.

There aren't any dorms, but they have a housing department that helps you find a living space around the area of the college. They also help you with a financial aid plan. The school is a 24/7 (50 - 80 hours a week) school, so there's no time for a colliding job. One thing I liked about Full Sail is that whenever accepting students, the school doesn't look at GPA or grades, just your Grad of GED certificate. The founder of Full Sail flunked high school. Not saying I'm flunking High School, I'm probably a B average student, but I like the school's perspective and history.

Yesterday I got a call from the college, from our tour guide, actually! I expected a call because I filled out an interest form for the college, but the guy told me he wanted to call me first because I was the most excited of the group. I was completely caught of guard and extremely excited. We talked for about a good hour, I answered his questions and shared my story and interests with him (I'd like to learn recording arts and sound production for music, movies, video games, etc.) and even asked him a couple of questions that caught him off guard, and had him very interested in answering.

Tomorrow I sit down with my uncle to go over finances, look at loans, scholarships, financial aid, etc. create somewhat of a rough draft plan for myself. I also have my over the phone interview with Full Sail at 5.

Even if I can't get into Full Sail (they don't just take anyone), there's no harm in trying.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like Ferdinand's post
08-04-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Full Sail Uni
Good luck Ferdi!Thumbsup

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
08-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Good luck! I hope everything goes well! Smile

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
08-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Don't be shy about telling them about how much you love the place, learn some of its history. Schools want passionate students.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
08-04-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm currently an online student through Full Sail University. Wish I was on campus though, they are always having really interesting things going on for on campus students.
08-04-2014, 04:57 PM
(08-04-2014 03:34 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  My mother fucking dream school.

I recently went on a school trip to Orlando with my news and film class. We toured Florida University and Full Sail university. Whenever we toured Full Sail, I probably shed a tear (and maybe a little pee) in every hallway and art building. I just wanted to hug the sound boards and cry really hard, I was so excited.

There aren't any dorms, but they have a housing department that helps you find a living space around the area of the college. They also help you with a financial aid plan. The school is a 24/7 (50 - 80 hours a week) school, so there's no time for a colliding job. One thing I liked about Full Sail is that whenever accepting students, the school doesn't look at GPA or grades, just your Grad of GED certificate. The founder of Full Sail flunked high school. Not saying I'm flunking High School, I'm probably a B average student, but I like the school's perspective and history.

Yesterday I got a call from the college, from our tour guide, actually! I expected a call because I filled out an interest form for the college, but the guy told me he wanted to call me first because I was the most excited of the group. I was completely caught of guard and extremely excited. We talked for about a good hour, I answered his questions and shared my story and interests with him (I'd like to learn recording arts and sound production for music, movies, video games, etc.) and even asked him a couple of questions that caught him off guard, and had him very interested in answering.

Tomorrow I sit down with my uncle to go over finances, look at loans, scholarships, financial aid, etc. create somewhat of a rough draft plan for myself. I also have my over the phone interview with Full Sail at 5.

Even if I can't get into Full Sail (they don't just take anyone), there's no harm in trying.

You know, I thought about applying there at one point, Sounds like an amazing school. I hope it works out for you!
08-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Congratz ferdi,i hope you get selected

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
OH, and I thought I'd let you know that I have written about my atheism both in class discussion forums and in writing assignments in classes (the most recent being my Culture and societies class I'm currently in) and have gotten plenty of positive feedback from the instructors and students alike. In fact, in my philosophy class I had 2 students site my discussion post about becoming an atheist as the reason they felt comfortable to follow my example and post about their own deconversion as well.

Don't be afraid to let your godless flag fly, you don't know who else you will inspire.
[+] 3 users Like groo79's post
08-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Very cool, go for it!!!!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-04-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Full Sail University
I'm not getting my hopes up though. I at least want to see if I going to Full Sail is a possibility for me. If I can definitely make the choice, I want to do this. It's completely out of my comfort zone. I'm a small town person, I keep to myself, and I'm not used to on-the-move cut throat instinct. I'd like to experience it. Again, no hopes up. Just want to see if it's possible. Even if it's not, I still have a stable back up plan. Tomorrow I find out if I can do this.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post