Full Sail University

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Full Sail University
Strutting down the right path, Ferdi Thumbsup
Whatever happens and wherever you end up I know you'll do well.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
09-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Good luck!Thumbsup

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
09-04-2014, 05:35 PM
(09-04-2014 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do your homework.

well, as a current student I can say that their financial aid dept was very helpful and I haven't seen any questionable practices. there will always be people that have issues, but it is a fully accredited university with an accelerated degree program that makes their semesters and years count a bit funny.

They do a lot for their students, hosting MANY industry professionals on campus to talk to students, they have partnered with WWE, Disney, Blizzard and many more. they have alumni in every level of the industry in movies, music and video games and regularly honor their graduates accomplishments more than any other university I've seen.

Yes they are a bit expensive... but as a specialty school that is literally 24/7 and offering online courses while providing every piece of tech and software you are going to need as part of your training it really isn't that bad. There are very few schools that provide this type of training and even fewer that use their own backlot for film students or allow their music students to work directly with national acts.
09-04-2014, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 05:53 PM by groo79.)
and just for some further info... here's some reviews from actual students.

Full Sail Reviews

Yes, I know it's a for profit school, but it's highly specialized and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education (CIE), Florida Department of Education.
09-04-2014, 05:53 PM
(09-04-2014 05:39 PM)groo79 Wrote:  and just for some further info... here's some reviews from actual students.

Full Sail Reviews

Chas is only doing due digilence. It's what he does. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-04-2014, 05:56 PM
(09-04-2014 05:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 05:39 PM)groo79 Wrote:  and just for some further info... here's some reviews from actual students.

Full Sail Reviews

Chas is only doing due digilence. It's what he does. Drinking Beverage

I'm sure he is... I did my homework and realized that a bachelors in Game Design isn't easy to come by and there were only a handful of schools offering that type of training. I chose Full Sail because they actually gave me the equipment I needed and provided hands on training. the only thing I wish I could do different is attend on campus, but I live in Ohio and have a family that I can't uproot.
[+] 1 user Likes groo79's post
09-04-2014, 06:18 PM
(09-04-2014 05:56 PM)groo79 Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 05:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Chas is only doing due digilence. It's what he does. Drinking Beverage

I'm sure he is... I did my homework and realized that a bachelors in Game Design isn't easy to come by and there were only a handful of schools offering that type of training. I chose Full Sail because they actually gave me the equipment I needed and provided hands on training. the only thing I wish I could do different is attend on campus, but I live in Ohio and have a family that I can't uproot.

I ain't fucking with you. Do whatever you gotta do to make a living brother. ... i get my training for free from coursera.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-04-2014, 09:40 AM
(09-04-2014 06:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 05:56 PM)groo79 Wrote:  I'm sure he is... I did my homework and realized that a bachelors in Game Design isn't easy to come by and there were only a handful of schools offering that type of training. I chose Full Sail because they actually gave me the equipment I needed and provided hands on training. the only thing I wish I could do different is attend on campus, but I live in Ohio and have a family that I can't uproot.

I ain't fucking with you. Do whatever you gotta do to make a living brother. ... i get my training for free from coursera.

Yes, I was just urging her to be thorough, not dazzled by the bright and shiny.

I got a great education at university; I got most of my training on the job and on my own.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-04-2014, 10:05 AM
I actually looked into Full Sail when I was thinking about colleges, Ferdi.

They do have excellent programs from what I've heard, but the costs are astronomical, not to mention cost of living and housing around there.

Unfortunately I was dissuaded by Full Sail's ABYSMAL placement rates (back in 2010)

Seriously, who wants to rack up 90K in debt and not even be guaranteed a job?

However, this was for the Game Design program, I'm not sure how the music program is on that. Just letting you know what I learned. Smile

And yes, their campus is sexy Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post