Full moon and mood swings?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2010, 02:57 PM

RE: Full moon and mood swings?
Yeah...I don't believe in that full moon stuff...the only effect it has on me is that it usually draws my attention...I like staring at the moon (yeah I'm weird, I know xD)
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2010, 11:03 PM

After I had my son in 2000 the nurses did say it was a good thing I didn't have him on a night of a full moon. They were glad it was a slow night. My cousin was a RN at a hospital and she said the full moon made it a busy night...
20-09-2010, 09:04 PM

(13-03-2010 10:25 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've heard this one before. The most convincing part of it is that it seems to be so consistent with certain individuals. It is, however, easily explained. The moon is on a 28 day cycle, as are most women. If a woman happens to reach those specific days where she is especially inclined towards sex (usually during ovulation) at the same time as the full moon, then as long as she has a very regular cycle, it will happen every full moon. It really has nothing to do with the moon, just timing.

Well, I think it is just the timing with the cycle of moon and the ovulation cycle of women so they get frisky. It is just the full moon stuff and can not affect the mood of women. For me, new moon or full moon is not a part of it.
21-09-2010, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2010 01:12 AM by No J..)
(13-03-2010 08:00 AM)Paulhoff Wrote:  Why isn't the New Moon also part of it. The tides are just as high if not higher on the new moon as the full moon. Also the moon is always half lit, the sun always sees it this way.

Paul

Smile Smile Smile

It is darker during a new moon night and it is likely that back when this belief came about, very few people would venture out on a new moon night. A full moon would be the brightest night of the month and the time when the most people would be out. When more people are out more things happen causing more stories getting told. This means more stories would be retold, which means more stories would get distorted. ect.

I don't have proof of this, it is just logical thinking. It makes sense and has, in my opinion, a decent chance of being accurate.
(31-03-2010 02:57 PM)AquaMarine Wrote:  Yeah...I don't believe in that full moon stuff...the only effect it has on me is that it usually draws my attention...I like staring at the moon (yeah I'm weird, I know xD)

But you've got a cool avatar.

Staring at the moon isn't weird. The moon is incredibly beautiful. When you start howling at the moon, that's when we will start thinking that you are weird.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2010, 02:26 AM

I find there to be no plausible explanation for a connection between the moon and people's behavior, but the persistence of this myth is amazing. Even my mostly rational wife, who's an RN, claims that a full moon seems to bring them an inordinate amount of activity. I'd like to see an objective documentation of that - it seems to me that daily ER admissions over a period of several years at several different hospitals would provide a reasonable data set for analysis. I wonder if those records are available? Hmmmmmm...