Full version of Joseph Atwill's Documentary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Full version of Joseph Atwill's Documentary
(18-02-2015 06:41 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 06:26 PM)Free Wrote:  My tone is often derogatory when I perceive intellectual dishonesty. I have a great respect for both history and integrity, and when I see arguments such as yours which try to hand wave evidence away by claiming things such as "interpolation" etc- without just cause- then yes, I get indignant.

Your opinions are driven by an unscholarly agenda. Look at the title of this thread, for example. Joseph Atwill is not a scholar. You like Earl Doherty, yet he is not a scholar either. You are not a scholar either.

In fact, you have used everything that is non scholarly to support your hypothesis, so how the fuck can this truth be an ad hominem, not true, or lower the standard of conversation?

You have placed yourself into the position of using a hypothesis that fails to meet the scholarly consensus, that has no evidence for support, has not been subjected to peer review, and which demonstrates itself to be untenable.

That's what you get when you try to compare me to an evangelist. I zero straight in and nail you to the proverbial cross.

Big Grin

The letters of Paul and others have paraphrased the message for you. If you are serious about studying Paul, you will find it for yourself.

I already know what you are going to say, Mark. It's the same thing you've said before. Anything from Paul that demonstrates a physical Jesus will be marked as an interpolation by you.

And you will say it's an interpolation for one reason and one reason only; if the verses that portray Jesus as being a human being are true, then they simply ruin your hypothesis.

You are cutting out the parts of Paul that don't work for you, and re-writing Paul into a work of fiction.

That is not scholarly.

End of conversation. Apologies to anyone else who had to read all this.

Agreed. Nothing more needs to be said.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply