Fun facebook comments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2011, 08:10 PM
RE: Fun facebook comments
Every one of my posts on facebook is religion oriented, inducing at least 20 comments each. Usually against the same people every time: a gay Republican muslim (?????) and a female friend who I don't like to argue with because it only breeds negative feelings. ...or my grandma, and the debate promptly ends, since I see no reason to try and convince my 80 year old, lifetime Christian grandma that everything she believes in is false.. right before she dies.

The thing that surprises me is that I think only the 3-4 people who always comment are the only ones listening... and then I meet someone I vaguely know from 2 grades below my graduating class and he says "I really liked when you said ______" and quotes me word for word. I believe I have my own cult following.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Buddy Christ has followers. How is this news exactly?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
12-01-2011, 02:30 PM

K: The President of Egypt and his Senate are incapable, simpleminded, biased, and extremist. Believing their lies about protecting Copts and their supposed willingness to do so is ludicrous. We the Copts of Canada and the rest of the world must ask for more, God did not send us to the land of opportunity to sit back and take it. We must ask OUR governments to ACT to stop these heinous crimes against Human Rights!

I: umm...just a side note...how about asking that same GOD to act if it's His will and if not then ask Him for strength and acceptance. A government cannot stop what God in His might allows.

Me: Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

I: a thousand hands clasped in prayer moved a mountain. can two hands (or even a thousand) working do that?

K: I agree with I 100% however, he doesn't expect us to take it quietly, he is letting this happen to help us spread his word faster

Me: My point is this: you want something done in this world, you must work for it. I have nothing against prayer but to pray instead of act at all won't save anyone. Because with that logic, you can go as far as saying why go to a hospital when you can pray yourself better. By all means, pray and ask for guidance but don't use it as an excuse to do nothing.

M: umm exactly what kind of work are we outlining here?
i live in Egypt, i can do the "work" but saying things like you have to do something and two hands working without any actual ideas on what to do is just being against the spirit of prayer... for God's will to occur.

The conversation went to on to agree with that last statement and changed the subject.. I wanted to reply, but didn't feel like starting a fight Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 03:30 PM
was "M" seriously arguing that not only could prayer make the bad things go away but that even if it didn't it planned out whatever work actually got done?
thats what it sounds like to me.
"work if you want, idk what kind of work you think your doing, I'll be over here while god tells me exactly what we SHOULD be doing Smile"

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
A: How do you explain ghost,demons?Im not saying if there real that means god is real,im just asking

Me: you ask as if they are a proven, verifiable thing.
If supernatural entities exist that doesn't prove god does exist, all it proves is that supernatural beings can exist

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
12-01-2011, 09:13 PM
(12-01-2011 03:30 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  was "M" seriously arguing that not only could prayer make the bad things go away but that even if it didn't it planned out whatever work actually got done?
thats what it sounds like to me.
"work if you want, idk what kind of work you think your doing, I'll be over here while god tells me exactly what we SHOULD be doing Smile"

More like, "I will be over here doing nothing, while YOU do all the work, and when something good happens from YOU doing the work, I will give all the credit to God".

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
18-01-2011, 12:38 AM

Someone on my facebook tries to explain what a Phylogenetic Tree is:

Quote:J: phylogenetic tree is a branching diagram that shows the evolutionary relationships between species.
the word has genetic, that could tell you it talks about genes and species. it also has tree..branches..so it a 'branching' diagram that shows the evolutionay (since it talks about genes and species) relationships between 'species'..

This made my day!
Quote this message in a reply