Fun with 3d printing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2014 07:12 PM by sporehux.)
RE: Fun with 3d printing
FOOD 3D Printers will be the first to mass market, who doesn't want a star trek replicator.
Probably have pods of raw ingredients from the manufactures for "authentic flavour"

3D gun scare is unfounded, because you can buy $20 worth of scrap at a hardware store and make something reliable that you can put bullets into and fire them.
You can easily make something that would fool a metal detector without a 3D printer.

The bullets are the issue, not the barrel and firing pin.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I know a lot about 3d printing, but people see it as futuristic, but it's been out for like, years.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
13-02-2014, 07:26 PM
(13-02-2014 07:22 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I know a lot about 3d printing, but people see it as futuristic, but it's been out for like, years.

Early adopters are not "People" Tongue

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
13-02-2014, 07:26 PM
(13-02-2014 07:07 PM)sporehux Wrote:  FOOD 3D Printers will be the first to mass market, who doesn't want a star trek replicator.
Probably have pods of raw ingredients from the manufactures for "authentic flavour"

3D gun scare is unfounded, because you can buy $20 worth of scrap at a hardware store and make something reliable that you can put bullets into and fire them.
You can easily make something that would fool a metal detector without a 3D printer.

The bullets are the issue, not the barrel and firing pin.

They shouldn't call them food 3d printers. They should call them food preparation machines. Nobody is going to buy a food 3d printer unless it does more than create parts of a meal, like put the parts together. (like make a grilled cheese, or make buns to an burger and assemble it.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post