Fun with Fundies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Fun with Fundies
I told them I'd give them an hour of my valuable time if I could have an hour of their time first. They agreed to it. I had them mow the lawn and trim the hedge.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like f stop's post
12-10-2015, 06:26 AM
(02-10-2015 11:34 AM)theophilus Wrote:  If you can find something living that is millions of years old that would show the world is older than the Bible says it is.

[Image: 37399862.jpg]

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
12-10-2015, 10:11 AM
(02-10-2015 11:34 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 11:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How ignorant and willing to disregard facts do you have to be to believe the world is only thousands of years old?????

There's pine trees that can be CONFIRMED to be over 5000 years old.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lo...g_organism

The oldest living things are only 5000 years old. If you can find something living that is millions of years old that would show the world is older than the Bible says it is.

Quote:I've personally seen areas where erosion wore away rock -- that took EONS to occur.. The geologic evidence alone is undeniable that the earth is billions of years old.

If the kind of erosion we see today were the only force that ever acted on the rocks it would be reasonable to believe they are billions of years old. But you aren't taking into consideration the effect of the Flood. That brought about extensive geological changes in a short period of time.

Quote:You might as well insist the earth is flat. It's really that ignorant to claim the earth is thousands of years old.

We know the shape of the earth because we can see it. We cannot observe what happened in the past. In order to accurately interpret the data we have about the past we nehttps://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/the-10-best-evidences-from-science-that-confirm-a-young-earth/ed to know whether or not God ever intervened in the functioning of natural processes. The measurements that show the earth is old all assume that he did not.

Quote:It boggles the mind to believe people can exist in this world that can simultaneously believe that, and are actually able to function as human beings.

It surprises me that so many people ignore the scientific evidence that show the earth can't be as old as most people believe.

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-fo...ung-earth/

(01-10-2015 03:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Good God man! I hope you didn't go to university. And if you did please tell me which one so I know which resumes I can just put in the circular filing cabinet without reading further.

I went to the University of Kansas but dropped out after only one year.

This should be good enough.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-10-2015, 09:30 AM
(12-10-2015 06:26 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:34 AM)theophilus Wrote:  If you can find something living that is millions of years old that would show the world is older than the Bible says it is.

[Image: 37399862.jpg]

Of course I'm special! Smile

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
14-10-2015, 12:49 PM
(14-10-2015 09:30 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 06:26 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  [Image: 37399862.jpg]

Of course I'm special! Smile

There's no such thing as being special. Well, not in the objective sense in any case.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-11-2015, 09:48 AM
I have been debating for hours with the fundie Christine Weick. Here's her argument defending the fact that Jesus lived.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like AWeir1978's post
03-11-2015, 09:55 AM
(03-11-2015 09:48 AM)AWeir1978 Wrote:  I have been debating for hours with the fundie Christine Weick. Here's her argument defending the fact that Jesus lived.

That's the old "show me the evidence" bullshit exemplified by:

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Dad would go to the door shirtless, and rub his round belly. Then he'd start in about bhuddism. We got on the 'do not stop' list fast.
We live in the country now and came home to some strange folk camping in our driveway. I built a gate that winter, so nobody comes to the door now.
Wife and I are out gardening one day, and some real nutters show up at the gate. We are about 120' from the gate. I can tell by their clothes which church they go to. "5 paces behind me woman" at the grocery store brand.
They wave. We both wave, and go right back to gardening. Crushed the nutters. They find a rock and place a small booklet of woo on top of the gate and leave.
I put my arm around my wife and said " god bless our gate" Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
03-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Here's one of my favorites. LMAO She cracks me up
03-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Here's one of my favorites. Really? They honestly don't see the ridiculousness of this?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes AWeir1978's post