Fun with personality test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2016, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 11:38 PM by true scotsman.)
Fun with personality test
My wife saw a thread on a forum about personality types with a link to a test online. We had such a good time doing the test and then reading the profiles. Mine was so right on the money that it was scary. They nailed me in every way. We had a blast looking at each other's profiles and especially seeing which famous people had our type. My son shares his type with Karl Marx, Christopher Hitchens and Steven Hawking. Cool. He also shares it with a terrorist, a murderer and the Unibomber. We got a good laugh out of that. So I thought it would be fun to share mine and hear yours.

The test is at 16personalities.com

Find out who you share your type with here.

My type: INTP, Logician

3.3 percent of the population. Look mom, I'm in the top 3%.

One of the least likely to believe in a higher power or God. What a coincidence.

the "absent minded professor". this was actually my nickname in junior high. Also people have compared me to Mr. Magoo.

94 percent introverted

80 percent thinking, 20 percent feeling

68 percent intuitive

100 percent prospecting.

Famous INTP's: Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Emanuel Kant (Nooooo!), Richard Dawkins, John Locke (great on politics, not so much on metaphysics), James Madison, Friedrich A. Hayek ( Read The Road To Serfdom if you haven't already), Parmenides,

This made me laugh until tears streamed, it's so true: lives mostly in one's head. So caught up with thoughts often neglects mundane everyday concerns such as home decor and appropriate cloths. If you only knew! I'm just about the least materialistic person you could ever meet!

"The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings". Check

"The INTP may be prone to abandoning a project once they have figured it out, moving on to the next thing.". Double check. I love the problem solving part immensely. The finishing part...not so much.

"offbeat and unconventional". Yep.

Any way my IPod is about to die so I'd better post.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
11-01-2016, 11:58 PM
RE: Fun with personality test
INFJ
92 percent introvert
58 intuitive
54 feeling
65 judging
63 turbulent

It was right about being picky about relationships...but as for my supposedly high strength of will, I don't think so. And I'm not about to lead anybody to do anything. Didn't know I used feelings so much. I guess I'll turn in my logical thinker membership card.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
12-01-2016, 12:01 AM
(11-01-2016 11:58 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  INFJ
92 percent introvert
58 intuitive
54 feeling
65 judging
63 turbulent

It was right about being picky about relationships...but as for my supposedly high strength of will, I don't think so. And I'm not about to lead anybody to do anything. Didn't know I used feelings so much. I guess I'll turn in my logical thinker membership card.

Interesting. I did not see much of my wife's personality in her type's profile but when it came to the people she shared hers with, I definitely could see it. The funniest one was Miley Cyrus.

Ever read the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. I think you'll find it fascinating.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
12-01-2016, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 12:16 AM by Shadow Fox.)
I have taken this twice. I am inbetween an INTP and an INTJ.

but apparently this test gave me the INFP. hm..

MEDIATOR (INFP-A)

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
12-01-2016, 12:05 AM
(12-01-2016 12:02 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I have taken this twice. I am inbetween an INTP and an INTJ.

It will be interesting to see how many here are INTP or INTJ.
these two are the least likely to believe in gods. My son is INTJ.

12-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Other INFJ are MLK, Nelson Mandela, Jimmy Carter. I think it's a little ambitious to try to put everyone in a category. I read them all and don't fit in any really. Fun to think about my own personality though.

Yeah apparently I could be a spiritual advisor cause I like helping people. Just cause I care about people other than myself doesn't mean I'm MLK lol.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
12-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Here's mine: I would say for the most part it's pretty accurate.

79% Extraverted
79% Intuitive
64% Feeling
62% Judging
60% Assertive

ENFJ PERSONALITY (“THE PROTAGONIST”)

I deleted my wall of text since no one else added it in theirs Tongue
12-01-2016, 12:09 AM
For reference...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ality-type

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ology-Test

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-is-a-test

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...is-it-true

(12-01-2016 12:05 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  It will be interesting to see how many here are INTP or INTJ.

Interesting enough to use the search function?

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-01-2016, 12:10 AM
(12-01-2016 12:07 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Other INFJ are MLK, Nelson Mandela, Jimmy Carter. I think it's a little ambitious to try to put everyone in a category. I read them all and don't fit in any really. Fun to think about my own personality though.

Yeah apparently I could be a spiritual advisor cause I like helping people. Just cause I care about people other than myself doesn't mean I'm MLK lol.

Yeah I think there is quite a bit of variation. For instance, Richard Dawkins (INTP) does not strike me as an introvert.

12-01-2016, 12:14 AM
(12-01-2016 12:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  For reference...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ality-type

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ology-Test

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-is-a-test

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...is-it-true

(12-01-2016 12:05 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  It will be interesting to see how many here are INTP or INTJ.

Interesting enough to use the search function?

Tongue

OK, OK, you got me. Should have known this topic would have been done before.