YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
ARCHITECT (INTJ-T)

7% extroverted, 93% introverted
71% intuitive, 29% observant
57% thinking, 43% feeling
69% judging, 31% prospecting
34% assertive, 66% turbulent

INTJ PERSONALITY (“THE ARCHITECT”)

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

With a natural thirst for knowledge that shows itself early in life, INTJs are often given the title of “bookworm” as children. While this may be intended as an insult by their peers, they more than likely identify with it and are even proud of it, greatly enjoying their broad and deep body of knowledge. INTJs enjoy sharing what they know as well, confident in their mastery of their chosen subjects, but owing to their Intuitive (N) and Judging (J) traits, they prefer to design and execute a brilliant plan within their field rather than share opinions on “uninteresting” distractions like gossip.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Fun with personality test
INTP PERSONALITY (“THE LOGICIAN”)

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

Well then.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-01-2016, 09:34 AM
“THE DEBATER” (ENTP-A)
ANALYST
PEOPLE MASTERY
87% EXTRAVERTED
85% INTUITIVE
54% THINKING
72% PROSPECTING
55% ASSERTIVE

This probably true. It's funny that when I was younger I always tested as an ENFP. I was very caught up in what other people thought of me and I was afraid of hurting others' feelings. On a personality test, this always incorrectly identified me as being driven by my feelings. As I have matured, I have learned that my fear of "hurting" feelings was rooted in a lack of understanding of emotions and not knowing how to deal with the emotions of others. I am the guy that has to Google "what to say to someone whose dog just died." To ameliorate this shortcoming, I began to study personalities and psychology. As my intellectual understanding of emotions grew, my fear of seeing them being expressed in others began to subside. It's not that I do not care for them at all, but they are less of a consideration when having a discussion. It's also not that I do feel or readily express emotions, I do. I just do not instinctively know what do with other peoples' emotions. To this day, I still do not deal well with tense, heated debates where those involved are allowing their emotions to drive instead of reason. I also do not deal well with sad situations. In both scenarios, I will almost always retreat if possible and if not, use humor in an attempt to turn the emotional tide into something I am more comfortable with. Unfortunately, it is only when seeing the response to my humor that I realize that it was inappropriate for the situation.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
12-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Personality tests? Really?

https://books.google.com/books?id=Njh9Kg...st&f=false
12-01-2016, 09:56 AM
(12-01-2016 03:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 12:10 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  ...
For instance, Richard Dawkins (INTP) does not strike me as an introvert.

(12-01-2016 12:40 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  ...
My daughter tested out as an INFP. I was surprised. She seems really extroverted to me. I could definitely see her as an actress. She's quite the little drama queen already. She's crazy about music.

Dawkins strikes me as very much an introvert.

A huge number of actors and actresses (and in my field, all the best presenters that I know) are introverts.

I wonder if you have the right definition of introvert/extrovert?

It's not shy/confident ... it's about how one re-energises one's metaphorical batteries ... by being alone or by being with others.

[Image: 2a9bfe00c445eab1596f851299fcd612.jpg]

That's true. I did know that it has a lot to do with how one recharges. I guess I'm just going by my experience here. I would never, ever want to be in the spotlight like he is. I could care less about what people think of me, but the attention and having people wanting to talk to me would be more than I could take. I've been suffering lately because I almost never have any time to myself.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
12-01-2016, 09:56 AM
I usually get INTJ on these quizzes. Occasionally INFJ, but usually I'm a T.
12-01-2016, 10:05 AM
(12-01-2016 09:41 AM)jabeady Wrote:  Personality tests? Really?

While I agree that it personality tests are not what many would call a hard science, I do think they are useful tools for developing self-awareness and understanding people in general.

All of us are a blend of many tendencies and our capacities for thought and behavior is always changing as our brains absorb and adapt to new information. As with any extremely complex system, especially one where we do not understand the details of how it works at a fundamental level, we must create models that simplify, abstract and help us make use of what we can observe.

Personality tests, as with any model, can represent a gross oversimplification of a system. Their results can be overused, abused and misunderstood.

You have to admit our brains are indeed complex biological systems. There are all sort of ways to model different aspect of the brain. Behavior and personality are abstractions of this system and personality tests and categories, in my opinion, represent a legitimate (if imperfect and often misused) tool for those who seek to understand the human mind.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
12-01-2016, 10:17 AM
(12-01-2016 09:41 AM)jabeady Wrote:  Personality tests? Really?

It's scientific. The "Why trust us?" section on the first page says so.

'Murican Canadian
12-01-2016, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 10:32 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-01-2016 12:14 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 12:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  For reference...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ality-type

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ology-Test

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-is-a-test

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...is-it-true

Interesting enough to use the search function?

Tongue

OK, OK, you got me. Should have known this topic would have been done before.

Don't mind the old grouch. Tongue
As I recall we're almost all INTJs on TTA ... haven't looked at the links yet ... but it will be fun to pass around the test during class today. Rolleyes

The face test was fun.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Yeah I've posted in these going back but also have lately seen more studies knocking it in some ways. But not so much that you don't fit the ranges. The ranges themselves are equatable. But it's a matter of so you have this info, then what? The you get along with this other type or not with that type quality is heavily bunked. It's really no better than Aries and Leo make great friends. Even when you're in a personality trait group, your range in that section is fluid so you're not a peg to know your ideal workplace spot based on it.

But I've also seem data a test noted via the big 5. Studying your range on just 5 value scales has more psychological trusting for its consistency in evaluating people

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson