Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 07:13 AM
RE: Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
(29-06-2015 06:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I cannot explain the origin of the Lord. It is the same as asking the origin of the Universe. Once again science can not tell me where the Universe came from. Should I assume it does not exist?

If I said sin wasn't a concept then I may have miss read something you posted. Sin can be seen as a concept. In concept it is any thought or action that would deter the good of man in any way.
God saw how currupt the earth had become, for all the people of the earth had currupted there ways.

Science can provide plausible explanations for the origin of the universe without invoking a deity to explain it.

Not only are you throwing out unproven assertions with zero evidence, you're describing rather specific qualities about a deity of which you have no evidence.

This has no value, if you make an assertion without proof, it explains nothing, it is worthless.

Evidence gives your assertions value.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
29-06-2015, 07:14 AM
Not what it means at all. Simply means you need to be aware that evil can currupt anyone
29-06-2015, 07:15 AM
(29-06-2015 07:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not what it means at all. Simply means you need to be aware that evil can currupt anyone

Still avoiding the questions!

Do you think we do not notice??? Huh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Plausible explanation can be obtained with science.
How is it that your theories are plausible and mine are rubbish although you admitted neither have concrete empirical proof?
29-06-2015, 07:18 AM
(29-06-2015 07:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not what it means at all. Simply means you need to be aware that evil can currupt anyone

You need to quote the question you are attempting to avoid. Otherwise how are we to know to whom you address??? Shocking

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 07:19 AM
(29-06-2015 07:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Plausible explanation can be obtained with science.
How is it that your theories are plausible and mine are rubbish although you admitted neither have concrete empirical proof?

Because science provides empirical evidence. You provide zero evidence.

Personally, having studied the bible, I do not believe you have even read it.

Again, to whom are you addressing? Please use the quote feature.

Banjo.
29-06-2015, 07:24 AM
#86 is the start of my answer.

The Lord said, "if as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan will be impossible."
29-06-2015, 07:25 AM
(29-06-2015 07:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Plausible explanation can be obtained with science.

It's better to say I don't know, but I will not make unfounded assertions. Evidence must be the defining feature of any idea about the origin of the universe. Creating an anthropomorphic deity to explain it is the least plausible explanation.

If god did it, then which god? How would you provide evidence that your particular god, with it's particular features, is reality?

Perhaps you need to define god. Good luck with that.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
29-06-2015, 07:26 AM
You may have called yourself studying it. Obviously you were only picking it appart in order to discredit its value.
29-06-2015, 07:28 AM
(29-06-2015 07:26 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You may have called yourself studying it. Obviously you were only picking it appart in order to discredit its value.

No, I read it cover to cover for 6 years. Everyday.

Oh and you are still avoiding the questions. I will NOT let you off.

Banjo.