Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 08:12 AM
RE: Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
(29-06-2015 08:08 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The evedence is in all creation. Just the fact that we are the solitary being with the ability to refuse or embrace the very laws of nature themselves can be seen as a gift and further proof unless bad or indifference is set in deep. Which it is.

The universe and everything in it, is evidence of the universe and everything in it. It does not follow that because the universe exists, a god must exist.

Please show actual evidence of god that makes god a real thing and not simply a figment of your imagination.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-06-2015, 08:20 AM
My mind too is a real thing. No matter how much you dissect my brain you will never find material proof of my mind. This is only an analogy.

Real emotion and drive are real things. You can try to describe the chemical reactions in the brain as they relate to sensory input but that still cannot give true meaning.

All the parts of a thing do not make that thing. In this lies the flaw of science.
29-06-2015, 08:24 AM
(29-06-2015 08:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My mind too is a real thing. No matter how much you dissect my brain you will never find material proof of my mind. This is only an analogy.

Real emotion and drive are real things. You can try to describe the chemical reactions in the brain as they relate to sensory input but that still cannot give true meaning.

All the parts of a thing do not make that thing. In this lies the flaw of science.

Your emotions are driven by chemicals in your brain (this is why anti-depressants work).

Your mind is an emergent property of your brain, and I can test your mind by directly interacting with you.

Please show 1) the material from which emanates god's "mind" and 2) that god has a mind and can logically and intelligently interact with anyone and that it isn't the delusion of a human's mind.

-Rick
29-06-2015, 08:29 AM
All material which the known and unknowown Universe is comprised of is the result of the Lord. We cannot assume or compair anything about us to the Lord
29-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Also, we can really fuck with your mind by fucking with your brain.

http://io9.com/5851828/10-things-an-elec...your-brain

-Rick
29-06-2015, 08:30 AM
(29-06-2015 08:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All material which the known and unknowown Universe is comprised of is the result of the Lord. We cannot assume or compair anything about us to the Lord

Not an answer at all and not a demonstration of god, god's mind, or that your god is anything other than a figment of your imagination.

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-06-2015, 08:33 AM
(29-06-2015 08:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My mind too is a real thing. No matter how much you dissect my brain you will never find material proof of my mind. This is only an analogy.

The brain communicates with itself by sending out chemical information from one neuron, or nerve cell to another. Brain chemistry is the sum of all the chemical messaging that takes place in the brain, which allows it to carry out its daily functions, such as generating movement, speaking, thinking, listening, regulating the systems of the body, and countless others.

(29-06-2015 08:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Real emotion and drive are real things. You can try to describe the chemical reactions in the brain as they relate to sensory input but that still cannot give true meaning.

Every day, researchers are learning more about the chemicals that the neurons (NUR-ons) in the human brain use to communicate with each other. They now know that all the feelings and emotions that people experience are produced through chemical changes in the brain. The "rush" of happiness that a person feels at getting a good grade on a test, winning the lottery, or reuniting with a loved one occur through complex chemical processes. So are emotions, such as sadness, grief, and stress. When the brain tells the body to do something, such as to sit down or run, this also sets a chemical process in motion. These "chemical communicators," or neurotransmitters, are the "words" that make up the language of the brain and the entire nervous
system.http://www.humanillnesses.com/Behavioral-Health-A-Br/Brain-Chemistry-Neurochemistry.html

(29-06-2015 08:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All the parts of a thing do not make that thing. In this lies the flaw of science.

So the parts that make up the object in this photo do not make the object in this photo???

[Image: dfw%20x%20118.jpg]

I do not believe I have ever seen an individual fail so poorly as you are currently doing. None of your answers make any sense!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 08:33 AM
The Lord can be seen in our very conscious. Interacting constantly to those who understand
29-06-2015, 08:34 AM
(29-06-2015 08:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All material which the known and unknowown Universe is comprised of is the result of the Lord. We cannot assume or compair anything about us to the Lord

You realize that was an admission that you have zero evidence - and zero credibility.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
29-06-2015, 08:36 AM
(29-06-2015 08:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The Lord can be seen in our very conscious. Interacting constantly to those who understand

All I hear is "god is in my brain"

Demonstrate that what you think is "interacting constantly" with "those who understand" is a real being and not simply a delusion.

-Rick