Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
(29-06-2015 08:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All material which the known and unknowown Universe is comprised of is the result of the Lord. We cannot assume or compair anything about us to the Lord

PROVE IT!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 08:37 AM
All you are doing is restating what I said with different words. Science has indeed made connections between the brain and chemicals that affect it. That doesn't answer the question of why we have a mind or how we should use it best for the sake of all creation.
29-06-2015, 08:39 AM
(29-06-2015 08:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All you are doing is restating what I said with different words. Science has indeed made connections between the brain and chemicals that affect it. That doesn't answer the question of why we have a mind or how we should use it best for the sake of all creation.

The mind is evidence of the mind.

The mind is an evolutionary adaptation.

If you think the mind is a product of a god, show me. Will convert for evidence Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-06-2015, 08:40 AM
No matter how you look at it something started everything. That is an awesome power. Not just chance. Even if it was just chance, which it is not, it would still be the result of something amazing as opposed to nothing.
29-06-2015, 08:41 AM
(29-06-2015 08:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The Lord can be seen in our very conscious. Interacting constantly to those who understand

iam tandem', inquit, `intellegis me esse philosophum?' tum ille nimium mordaciter: `Intellexeram', inquit, `si tacuisses'.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 08:43 AM
(29-06-2015 08:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No matter how you look at it something started everything. That is an awesome power. Not just chance. Even if it was just chance, which it is not, it would still be the result of something amazing as opposed to nothing.

When t = 0, can there still be a cause?

Please show me your god.

(and if your argument/evidence is that you assume a cause is necessary for the universe and you equate the terms "god" and "cause," then your "god" is a pointless term.) Please demonstrate that the "first cause" (assuming it was necessary) interacts with the universe still and is a conscious thing and is your god.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-06-2015, 08:45 AM
(29-06-2015 08:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All you are doing is restating what I said with different words. Science has indeed made connections between the brain and chemicals that affect it. That doesn't answer the question of why we have a mind or how we should use it best for the sake of all creation.

Actually, no. I just directed you to a scientific website that totally contradicts the idiocy which you uttered. See my post above from Boethius.

The translation.

"Now finally, he said, 'do you understand me to be a philosopher?' then he said too sharply, 'I understood...if you had kept quiet.'

Banjo.
29-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Again:

Identify your God.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
29-06-2015, 08:52 AM
He's got nothing. Totally useless poster who promised everything and produced nothing. What a joke!

Banjo.
29-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Wait, what about the picture. If I disassembled that plane and scattered each piece would it still be a plane? No. The same can be said for the practice of science without relation to understanding in a real world sense. Science does not and cannot account for every scenario and cannot give straight answers that pertain to a real meaning for each scenario evin if it could. It must be used only for information, not conclusion, or assumption in and of itself.