Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
(29-06-2015 09:42 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 09:39 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Which god/Lord are you referencing?
I am referencing all Gods in mainstream religion and the books associated with them.

Yah
Allah
Jesus

Nt
OT
Qur'an
Book of Enoch
I haven't managed to study others yet and in no way believe them to be illegitimate until I do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 09:45 AM
(29-06-2015 09:44 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I haven't managed to study others yet and in no way believe them to be illegitimate until I do.

Then how can you speak with any authority at all if you do not understand the subject matter?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 09:46 AM
(29-06-2015 09:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Through experience in day to day life. If it is counterproductive to the greater good of all humanity and nature then on some level it is a sin.

Is that supposed to be how you view sin as something other than a concept? Still seems conceptual to me.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-06-2015, 10:06 AM
(29-06-2015 09:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All I have done is answer question after question and endure ridicule and negative bias all the while. I have attempted to show all mutual restect throughout. Yet none have answered or really attempted to answer my rebuttals. And the general level of hate that the majority of you exhibit is a real crime.

I have not posted any ridicule, nor slanders nor insults.

I also have not seen, nor read nor have seen to have received an answer. Many others are also stating they have not read, nor received answers to their questions.

As I stated before, I understand if English is not your first language and that operating from a phone can be problematic.

Please give definitions/boundaries/guidelines in relation to or for or of your deity.

Much cheers to all.
29-06-2015, 10:07 AM
(29-06-2015 09:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 09:44 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I haven't managed to study others yet and in no way believe them to be illegitimate until I do.

Then how can you speak with any authority at all if you do not understand the subject matter?
I understand the subject matter just fine as all should through conscious thought and the reality that we are all good and evil. You must be able to spot the bad in you in order to be able to conclude without it.
29-06-2015, 10:15 AM
(29-06-2015 10:07 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I understand the subject matter just fine as all should through conscious thought and the reality that we are all good and evil. You must be able to spot the bad in you in order to be able to conclude without it.

If you have never read Homer, how can you understand the pagan gods? Or the Quran and Islam?

I read the quran once. I did not study it. I also read several biographies on Mohamed.

Homer and all the old Greeks and Romans are dear to me. I even read the Christians in the Loeb classical library.

And here you are, as far as I can tell you have a scratchy understanding of the bible. This much is obvious to a man such as I who has been involved in the free thought movement for 35 years!

You come in here, make promises that you will answer any questions, constantly avoid them and then admit you do NOT understand the subject matter?

You are really out of your depth here my friend.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Monolithic in nature. Pertaining directly to nature and our relationship in it.

The possibility that good + good = a better and more meaningful existence in relation to everything in the Universe and beyond.
29-06-2015, 10:30 AM
(29-06-2015 10:26 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Monolithic in nature. Pertaining directly to nature and our relationship in it.

The possibility that good + good = a better and more meaningful existence in relation to everything in the Universe and beyond.

This is a football.

[Image: %5Bwallcoo.com%5D_EL107.jpg]

Banjo.
29-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Not out of my depth at all. Do you deny that the books you have read can all be seen as one cohesive message to an opened mind?

As stated I do not use religious text for the source of my beliefs and innermost knowledge, but they sure do back it up quite well.

I know "carpenters" who claim to have 40 years experience that exhibit related knowledge at an apprentice level at best.

You can practice something all your life and never be perfect at it if you are practicing the wrong way.
29-06-2015, 11:07 AM
(29-06-2015 10:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not out of my depth at all. Do you deny that the books you have read can all be seen as one cohesive message to an opened mind?

So Julian's Against the Galileans is the same as Augustine's City of God? I don't think so mate.

(29-06-2015 10:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As stated I do not use religious text for the source of my beliefs and innermost knowledge, but they sure do back it up quite well.

First, that much is obvious. You have very little understanding of Christianity and it's history at all.

Second, how can you know your beliefs are backed up (which they are not according to scripture) if you have not even read the book???

Listen to me, if there was a book I believed was written by the creature that created the entire universe, I'd read right away cover to cover. The fact you have not shows you to be a lazy wannabe Christian unworthy of serious attention!

(29-06-2015 10:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know "carpenters" who claim to have 40 years experience that exhibit related knowledge at an apprentice level at best.

Congratulations for knowing some poor carpenters. I'd say that level is a constant through your life. You have not even read the bible and claim to be a Christian. Joke!

(29-06-2015 10:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You can practice something all your life and never be perfect at it if you are practicing the wrong way.

So go and read your bible and learn how to be a Christian and at least make arguments based upon the system in which you supposedly believe!

Banjo.