Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
The ancients belief that Constelations were Liken to gods were really close to the truth as in a type of celestial hierarchy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 07:22 PM
I personally find the most direct approach to be the best regardless of my language skills.
29-06-2015, 07:24 PM
I am a work in progress.
29-06-2015, 07:25 PM
(29-06-2015 07:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The ancients belief that Constelations were Liken to gods were really close to the truth as in a type of celestial hierarchy.

The constelations are nothing more then the human imagination born out of how our minds evolved to be able to pick out patterns in nature so that we can detect faces and things like that for predators that were hiding in the bushes.

It's why we see a face on the moon and if you take a 3D graph of the stars for any constellation and rotate it, guess what happens? They don't look a damn thing like they do here from our perspective. We only see a ladle and a archer because we see patterns in nature and have great imaginations that make us see the patterns.

I cannot see Orion no matter how hard I look, my mind works differently then everyone else. I can see a belt, but no matter how hard I look at the other stars. I cannot see patterns in the sky other then that belt and the ladle and that is quite literally. it.

Besides from that, how the hell are the constellations a Hierarchy? They have nothing in common with each other.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
29-06-2015, 07:26 PM
(29-06-2015 07:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The ancients belief that Constelations were Liken to gods were really close to the truth as in a type of celestial hierarchy.

Not gonna get a whole lotta credibility with that line.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
29-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
No. Groups of stars-celestial bodies.

At there core lies not only the force to keep us together but the order in which it must be done.
29-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Galaxies
29-06-2015, 07:36 PM

Oh my word, are you still here???

So I take it you never read Ptolemy? Have no idea who Polemy was?

You are one incredibly uneducated poster, aren't you? Below is a 16th century rendition of how Ptolemy's universe looked.

[Image: Ptolemaicsystem-small.png]

A really easy way to learn a little about this subject is to visit this page. It is very very basic.

Older people such as Plato and Aristotle had their own versions. But from Ptolemy until Galileo, Ptolemy was considered the source material. Even today idiots use this model to read tarot cards, for example.

I highly suggest you go away for a while and study. You are fully out of your depth at this website. You have nothing to show us and not even the slightest knowledge of literary history concerning the nature of your god and the universe.

I must ask you your age? I am 51. How old are you? Please be honest.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 07:37 PM
(29-06-2015 07:31 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. Groups of stars-celestial bodies.

At there core lies not only the force to keep us together but the order in which it must be done.

Seriously, stop, just stop.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
29-06-2015, 07:44 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post