Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
You know what's funny? The Books actually speak of my battles and the way you will be made an ads in your own doing..

Completely unrelated though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Done for the night. Good luck with what your searching for.
29-06-2015, 09:58 PM
(29-06-2015 09:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You know what's funny? The Books actually speak of my battles and the way you will be made an ads in your own doing..

Completely unrelated though.

What is this suppose to mean? Break it down.

What books?
What battles?
Be made?

You're doing all this posting and not saying a damn thing.
29-06-2015, 10:00 PM
(29-06-2015 09:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Done for the night. Good luck with what your searching for.

A straight answer. I could have a leprechaun up my ass and it ain't gonna be luck enough.
29-06-2015, 10:11 PM
(29-06-2015 09:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes he's talking specifically to the slaves. He is giving them understanding in order to keep their harsh treatment to a minimum.

Actually they are being told to be subservient to both their owners and their god. He also tells the owners to be obedient to god as well. So slaves, master and slave, one and all.

6 Not with eye service as men pleasers, but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart:

7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men,

8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

9 And ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your master also is in heaven, neither is there respect of persons with him

Personally, I think that teaching is unwise and disrespectful of individuals. Telling human beings to be slaves to both god and master is not wisdom. This is control. Nothing more, nothing less.

I prefer teachings such as these.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

“Freedom is the will to be responsible for ourselves.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

You may have wondered why I quoted Boethius when dealing with you earlier. The reason is this particular quote. (Plus I read Boethius)

When he who hears does not know what he who speaks means, and when he who speaks does not know what he himself means, that is philosophy.
Voltaire.

One of my favorites as a teenager.

Freedom of conscience entails more dangers than authority and despotism.
Michel Foucault

All these men suggest we are responsible for our own lives. Your god teaches men to give their lives over to another, a higher authority, whether it be god or man. This is cowardice, not wisdom.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 10:14 PM
(29-06-2015 09:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Done for the night. Good luck with what your searching for.

Fuck off. I hope you have nightmares you nitwit!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
30-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Hello again.

(29-06-2015 09:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ........ It is you who act as a child saying "why, why, why" after I have answered you.

Well.. since I've not received any acknowledgements of any of my posts.. I guess I'm still waiting for any answer.

(29-06-2015 09:31 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ........ I think some can understand what I am saying.

I can certainly read your words though I am at a loss as to understand the meanings behind the sentences in which they are strung. Perhaps keep your sentences shorter and ask for help as you try to learn the English language?

(29-06-2015 09:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes he's talking specifically to the slaves. He is giving them understanding in order to keep their harsh treatment to a minimum.

This last bit? Seriously? You're using the bible to justify slavery?

Are you that twit who keeps phoning into to Matt Dillahunty?

Seriously, justifying slavery? As banjo keeps posting, actually read the bible (Something I can not stomach doing. Tried once or twice, no thanks) and then get beck to us.

Not expecting any reply to my comments....

Popcorn
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
30-06-2015, 05:24 AM
Banjo
We must take responsibility for our actions. That is what the Books are emphasysing.

Your interpretation is cowardise.

We are to give our life to the Lord for guidance down the right path.

Do you think free will and chaos should run rampant with know order?
30-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Peebothuhul

Not justifying slavery in any way.
Was trying to explain how the Lord gave comfort and guidance to slaves of the 're just as anyone else there was no division.

What was your question again. Sorry, have the memory of a fish.
30-06-2015, 07:33 AM

You have already lost any and all credibility when it comes to talking about cosmology or astronomy. Now you've shown that you have zero credibility when it comes to discussions of morality.

(29-06-2015 09:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is you who act as a child saying "why, why, why" after I have answered you.

Children are naturally inquisitive. It is one of the greatest harms done by religion that it squashes the impulse to ask why and demands blind acceptance of dogma from authority. Your statements, when they can be deciphered, appear to me to be nothing more than your own wishful thinking. Until you provide actual answers and not simply more claims I will also continue to ask why, along with how, when, where, and who.

If you want people to accept your claims without evidence go find a theistic forum. Here you will only find people that need actual evidence before they accept anything. If you don't have that then you are wasting your time.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post