Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
(28-06-2015 06:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Of course science is with flaw in that it closes doors whilst opening one. My evidence is in my personal experience and the fact that all but us has order. The Universe and it's creator are God. How can you really seriously intellectually argue that. Everything from viruses to solar systems and beyond follow order and exhibit balance. We the ones blessed with conscience thauoght are the only entities foolish enough to deny this Devine order of being.

Mind like a steel trap Weeping

Speaking of solar systems and balance why do you suppose your God placed our sun close enough to give his prized creations cancer?
And in case you were unaware every so often meteors hit the Earth and tend to wipe out most of the life on the planet.

So much for order and balance huh?

By the way (pro-tip) when a thinking person comes to a question they cannot answer as yet the logical and honest thing to say is, "I don't know, let's see if we can find additional evidence to test our conjectures", and NOT goddidit.

You're welcome.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-06-2015, 09:23 AM
If the sun was any other distance there wouldn't be life or opportunity for purity. Meteors too come out of alignment sometimes henceforth chaos and the proof there of.
28-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Oh yeah. Thanks.
28-06-2015, 09:44 AM
It's the good old classic,

well God has given me sufficient knowledge and can't be possibly questioned by our only sufficient given knowledge.

It's purely built on the idiocy to not understanding admitting that one doesn't know, is actually the more insightful answer

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-06-2015, 10:06 AM
(28-06-2015 08:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can you agree that we are of the Universe but disagree that the Universe is from something just because your scientific knowledge breaks down at that point?

Because where there isn't any actual knowledge there is just guesswork. I prefer to live by what is demonstrable, not what I can imagine. You live in a fantasy of your own making and I'm not buying any of it until I see reasons to do so.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-06-2015, 10:07 AM
(28-06-2015 09:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If the sun was any other distance there wouldn't be life or opportunity for purity.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Quote:Meteors too come out of alignment sometimes henceforth chaos and the proof there of.

Out of alignment from what?

28-06-2015, 11:16 AM
A meteor, assuming it was once whole usually strikes the earth without regard, for it is out of its control. Chaos. Who knows where it came from and what significant role it was playing in the grand scheme of things prior to being impacted by chaos itself.
28-06-2015, 11:21 AM
At work.

About the 'Sun distance' thing?

There are entire known ecosystems that function quite well without sunlight.

How might such fit?

Also, still awaiting even a skerrick of a hint as to the properties/boundaries of any deity.

Much cheers to all.
28-06-2015, 11:48 AM
So far what I have seen with this form of P.A. is that anything that happens can't just happen without intention.
You don't explain why that is pops, just that it is.
This has been the problem with p.a. for me.
28-06-2015, 12:34 PM
(28-06-2015 11:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A meteor, assuming it was once whole

Assuming it was once "whole"? A meteor might have been part of a larger object at some point but what difference does that make?

Quote:usually strikes the earth without regard, for it is out of its control.

Usually? Sometimes it strikes the earth with regard?

It doesn't strike the earth because it is out of control. It strikes the earth because it happens to intersect earth's path. There is no "control" involved.

You really need to stop attributing meaning and intent to natural processes.

Quote:Chaos. Who knows where it came from and what significant role it was playing in the grand scheme of things

Why would you assume there is some sort of grand scheme or that it had a role? You again are presupposing an intelligence behind the universe and using that to prove that there is an intelligence behind the universe.

Quote:prior to being impacted by chaos itself.

Chaos isn't a thing that impacts meteors. Maybe if you put down those ancient texts and read some actual science you wouldn't be so deeply mired in magical thinking.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post