Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 06:33 AM
RE: Fundamental problem with presuppostional apologetics
A master at it? You give him way too much credit. He is sloppy and beats around the bush while trying to offload the responsibility he himself offered.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 06:34 AM
What questions? I just woke up. Someone asked me to find truth in the Old Testament as well.

If you do what is right will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
29-06-2015, 06:40 AM
(29-06-2015 06:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What questions? I just woke up. Someone asked me to find truth in the Old Testament as well.

If you do what is right will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.

Several pages ago you asked me to ask questions. I asked the following (By the way it is also on the previous page!) No

Please explain the nature, existence and origin of the god or gods to whom you refer.

Is that clear enough?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 06:46 AM
(29-06-2015 06:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What questions? I just woke up. Someone asked me to find truth in the Old Testament as well.

You said before that sin is not a concept but never explained what you think it is.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-06-2015, 06:47 AM
(29-06-2015 06:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So the energy that makes us is disrupted upon physical death, but the concept is nonsense to you. How can you assert an opinion on a topic if you can't even relate. There you go playing dodge the bullet again. Earlier you agreed with that everything is energy. Now you claim it is not once again because science doesn't have the answer. If you only knew how asinine that actually sounds.

What are you talking about? Define the nature of this energy scientifically and show the physical proof for it- or just stop making unproven assertions.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
29-06-2015, 06:54 AM
I cannot explain the origin of the Lord. It is the same as asking the origin of the Universe. Once again science can not tell me where the Universe came from. Should I assume it does not exist?

If I said sin wasn't a concept then I may have miss read something you posted. Sin can be seen as a concept. In concept it is any thought or action that would deter the good of man in any way.
God saw how currupt the earth had become, for all the people of the earth had currupted there ways.
29-06-2015, 06:56 AM
(29-06-2015 06:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ,sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.

"sin is crouching at your door"

What does that mean??? I looked out my door and there is nothing there. Just cold night air.

" it desires to have you, but you must master it."

You want me to master sin????

Guess what. I don't sin. I am a law abiding citizen. Please don't project your faults as a human onto me.

Banjo.
29-06-2015, 07:02 AM
It means that sin is lurking in wait for a chance at our very being.

You must be aware of it or it will consume you without your knowledge.
29-06-2015, 07:07 AM
(29-06-2015 06:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I cannot explain the origin of the Lord.

So you've got nothing.

(29-06-2015 06:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is the same as asking the origin of the Universe. Once again science can not tell me where the Universe came from. Should I assume it does not exist?

Actually science has some damned good explanations. Go Here and educate yourself.

(29-06-2015 06:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If I said sin wasn't a concept then I may have miss read something you posted. Sin can be seen as a concept. In concept it is any thought or action that would deter the good of man in any way.

Sin is not within my original three questions you have yet to answer.
Please answer my questions. You were the one who offered to answer any questions. Were you telling a big fib?

Are you a liar?

(29-06-2015 06:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  God saw how currupt the earth had become, for all the people of the earth had currupted there ways.

But hang on, the LORD creates everything

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

Are you sure you know the bible? Consider

Banjo.
29-06-2015, 07:12 AM
(29-06-2015 07:02 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It means that sin is lurking in wait for a chance at our very being.

I make my own choices. Thank you very much. I take responsibility for my actions.

(29-06-2015 07:02 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You must be aware of it or it will consume you without your knowledge.

So in effect I have zero control over my actions? How then can I be held accountable??? Blink

Banjo.