Fundamentalist Mayor Forces Prayer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Fundamentalist Mayor Forces Prayer
This is absurd. When someone says you can't pray, it's on Fox News, but being forced to pray AND being forced to pray because you don't believe in Jesus is even worse.

From Harrisburg Patriot News

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 02:08 PM
RE: Fundamentalist Mayor Forces Prayer
Wow, that's absolutely ridiculous.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
21-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Ah, autocrats. Gotta love em... no, wait... I fucking hate autocrats. Especially bigoted autocrats.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2011 06:26 PM by oliethefolie.)
This is from a Democrat? What is the world coming to?

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
21-06-2011, 08:20 PM
He better get some good money for all this trouble. That woman shouldn't be a mayor.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-06-2011, 08:07 AM
There are two things to consider.
1st, its heartening to see people, and probably some believers say it's wrong to push your beliefs on someone else.

2nd, it's disheartening that someone would see nothing wrong with it, as evidenced by their supportive comments.

22-06-2011, 08:23 AM
I was kind of shocked by what I can only imagine is evidence of corruption (well not shocked in the "what? politicians are corrupt?" kind of way, but, well, y'know). It seems that different people in the government reported different reasons for the guys resignation. I guess they didn't have time to get their fabricated denial stories straight.

Matt
22-06-2011, 09:01 AM
(22-06-2011 08:23 AM)Ghost Wrote:  I was kind of shocked by what I can only imagine is evidence of corruption (well not shocked in the "what? politicians are corrupt?" kind of way, but, well, y'know). It seems that different people in the government reported different reasons for the guys resignation. I guess they didn't have time to get their fabricated denial stories straight.

Matt

I work in Harrisburg, and this person is about the 12th person to resign in 2 years. None of her original staff is still there and turnaround is intense.

There is a lot going on wrong there.