Fundamentalist Mom at a Natural History Museum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Re: Fundamentalist Mom at a Natural History Museum
I've just seen comments here and elsewhere. I already figured I don't want to see it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Fundamentalist Mom at a Natural History Museum
Basically her entire 30 minutes was an argument based on " I cannot possibly understand this so its rediculous and YOU cannot understand it either.".

My least favorite argument of retards.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-11-2014, 10:38 PM
I mean if a 3rd grader can't understand it, What chance does a professor in biology have ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
26-11-2014, 10:40 PM
11 minutes in: Dragons!

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
27-11-2014, 02:45 AM
This reminds me of a thread on another forum when we all tried to watch the Star Wars Holiday special. I made about three minutes. My husband watched the entire thing.
27-11-2014, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2014 04:58 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
"I don't know how to say this word, so I'm just gonna pretend I know how to say it."

Then you do not have the necessary credentials to speak on this topic with authority, let alone debate experienced evolutionary biologists with years of study under their belt.

I would also like to see Dawkins' take on this since he's an evolutionary biologist. It would be interesting to see the answers to these objections she does.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
27-11-2014, 05:05 AM
Okay so I made it 21 minutes in and to her "dragons" rant and I couldn't takes no more. I took a few notes to really point out her hypocrisy.

At the 3:40 mark - "It's okay to say I don't know."

It's okay to say "I don't know" when it comes to science, but religion can say "I know", "We have the answers." Science says I don't know about a lot of things. Does she present this hard line questioning to her religion? Rhetorical question.

At the 5:40 mark - "It's a fairy tale."

This was a direct reference again the her position that science is just making shit up or best guessing. Irony defined.

At the 6:40 mark - "Where you there? Do you have video?"

An ignorant, but regularly posed question by theists in there attempt to discredit science. This line of thinking is hypocritical obviously because people like this can't turn that question around on their own beliefs. Does she have video evidence creating the Earth in 6 days? Was she there in the Garden of Eden to witness the events in Genesis? Was she there to record the biblical equivalent to Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' when Jesus rose from the dead?

At the 8:20 mark - "Just believe us. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Again said sarcastically towards science when this is one of the main principles of religion and faith. No theist in the world has the right to openly mock science with this type of dialogue when the foundation of your beliefs rest upon faith.

At the 9:10 mark - "Their theories into laws."

Is she talking about scientific theories into laws? I doubt it. Seems to me she's upset that what she believes lies are being taught to children as if it is government law to teach science. Once again she fails to realize that it's her side who are constantly trying to push their beliefs (theories) through law. Ie homosexual marriage.

At this point I began to get to frustrated to take notes but she did remark somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes something to point about 'believe it if you want to but don't try to teach it to my children/any child as fact'. This might possibly be the most hypocritical and ironic statement she made...other than the hilarious "It's all fairytales." comment. I tried to watch it all I really did, but her tirade of sarcasm and cuntyness about the dragons pushed me over the limit. The ways she laughs at the lab tech and even says, "Like I don't know what I'm talking about."

Nobody that fucking stupid should be so arrogant. I wanted to put my face through this monitor. I don't believe there are words in any human language that can describe the feeling that woman provided. I honestly believe if I had to listen to that bitch in person, I would begin hitting her, and not even her omnipotent god could pull me off. I would punch her in the fucking head until her face devolved into the single celled organism that she couldn't pronounce
[+] 5 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
27-11-2014, 05:57 AM
Is it possible this lady is a troll?
27-11-2014, 06:02 AM
(27-11-2014 05:57 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Is it possible this lady is a troll?

She believed every stupid word coming out of her mouth.

Her facial expressions made me want to cut my face off with toe nail clippers.
27-11-2014, 06:46 AM
I could only take 1min of it. My stupid tolerance is pretty low these days. I like stupid funny but not genuine stupidity.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell