Fundamentalist Mom at a Natural History Museum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Fundamentalist Mom at a Natural History Museum
(30-11-2014 01:52 AM)Ace Wrote:  how is the US still a superpower with people like this running amok ?

We are grandfathered in on account of our massive defense budget and nuclear arsenal. Simply put, we have the biggest fucking stick around.

Leading by example is just too fucking hard I guess? Just another reason I refuse to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, my country simply hasn't earned it yet.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-11-2014, 10:26 AM
(30-11-2014 01:52 AM)Ace Wrote:  how is the US still a superpower with people like this running amok ?

Not just running amok, but also in charge Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
30-11-2014, 11:29 AM
If you wanna see how stupid your average American is just log on to Facebook.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
30-11-2014, 01:45 PM
I just watched the whole thing. Well I let it run to the end, my brain switched off half way through.

I thought she made some good points though. Such as fossils are real science, and......um. OK one good point. She then ruined it by refusing to accept the evidence from fossils apart from them proving dragons.

People saw dinosaurs because her creationist magazine said so. Convincing evidence there but I seem unable to see it. Must be something wrong with my reasoning.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the Americans for sending our religious nutters over there on the Mayflower.

Cheers
Steve

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
30-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Sadly Steve, those goofballs came here with the intention of spreading such ignorance... and every respectable European was happy to show them to our doorstep. Can't blame anyone but ourselves for letting this shit hang on for so long.

I so want to live somewhere that doesn't grow crazy... I think I'm becoming allergic. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-11-2014, 02:04 PM
(30-11-2014 02:02 PM)kim Wrote:  Sadly Steve, those goofballs came here with the intention of spreading such ignorance... and every respectable European was happy to show them to our doorstep. Can't blame anyone but ourselves for letting this shit hang on for so long.

I so want to live somewhere that doesn't grow crazy... I think I'm becoming allergic. Undecided

You have that standing invitation to my place - I grow apples, not crazy.

I think I need to make a vegetable garden next year. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-11-2014, 02:35 PM

I don't know either and it is a damn shame. For a country that apparently has the best universities and produces the most papers, I feel as if they are not doing well in educating, cause if they were we would not have much of this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-11-2014, 02:56 PM
(30-11-2014 02:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

I don't know either and it is a damn shame. For a country that apparently has the best universities and produces the most papers, I feel as if they are not doing well in educating, cause if they were we would not have much of this.

Primary and secondary education (K - 12) are locally controlled and funded in the U.S. - usually at the town or district level with some state mandates and oversight.

This means that the quality can (and does) vary greatly around the country.
There are excellent schools and there are dreadful schools and everything in between.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-11-2014, 04:04 PM
(30-11-2014 02:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-11-2014 02:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't know either and it is a damn shame. For a country that apparently has the best universities and produces the most papers, I feel as if they are not doing well in educating, cause if they were we would not have much of this.

Primary and secondary education (K - 12) are locally controlled and funded in the U.S. - usually at the town or district level with some state mandates and oversight.

This means that the quality can (and does) vary greatly around the country.
There are excellent schools and there are dreadful schools and everything in between.

Yes, and this reflects the views of the district in which the school is located. Here, in Oregon, there is a low religious turnout and the schools teach evolution as a fact and don't mince words. In the Southern US states if it's in the curriculum there is a huge uproar from protesting parents. Some of them aren't all too different from the crazy lady in the video. It's pathetic.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-01-2015, 03:20 PM
While doing some YouTube browsing this afternoon I came across Miss Fox and her infinite wisdom, so I felt I had to resurrect this gem so others could share my pain.