Fundie's writings.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Fundie's writings.
A friend lost her husband and altho financially she was ok the lonliness was getting to her. An old family friend lost his wife and in time and gradually these two got together. She called me to tell me he'd asked her to move in and she was nervous about this. I told her to "go for it" but promise me to not sell her home for six months in case things didn't work out. It was about this time, the local fundie learned of this and wrote her a letter which my friend became highly incensed with. When she read me the letter I too would have been incensed. When confronted the fundie's response was that my friend was hurting, that she'd see gawd's way. No, after almost two years my friend is happier than in years. I don't understand why the fundie would even make this relationship her business.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Fundie's writings.
Fundies think their god is the answer to everything.

They are assholes.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
11-04-2014, 09:45 PM
In my experience religious people have no boundaries and feel no remorse for causing emotional stress or even pain in the lives of those around them. They feel they are called to use whatever means necessary to bring people to god.

A lot of times I think they don't even realize that they're being rude,or nosy, or hurtful.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
11-04-2014, 09:55 PM
People have more to lose and often less to gain by marriage later in life following the death of a spouse. Don't know how old these people are, but often there is a serious loss of benefits pensions and other things when people remarry.

That's why fundies get all pisssed off and judgey when elderly people choose to live together rather than marry and be good with gawd.

It's terrible so good for you for supporting your friend.

Thumbsup

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-04-2014, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 02:26 PM by Free Thought.)
(11-04-2014 09:23 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  A friend lost her husband and altho financially she was ok the lonliness was getting to her. An old family friend lost his wife and in time and gradually these two got together. She called me to tell me he'd asked her to move in and she was nervous about this. I told her to "go for it" but promise me to not sell her home for six months in case things didn't work out. It was about this time, the local fundie learned of this and wrote her a letter which my friend became highly incensed with. When she read me the letter I too would have been incensed. When confronted the fundie's response was that my friend was hurting, that she'd see gawd's way. No, after almost two years my friend is happier than in years. I don't understand why the fundie would even make this relationship her business.

That isn't uncommon.

It might be that your Fundie may absolutely believe that what she said is true; they have no ulterior motive, they just want to help, no offence intended or malice implied. Just trying to be a good human being in the way they know how.

Of course, this is being positive about their intentions, which is not exactly something I'm renowned for, so lets get cynical.

The most reliable method for converting people is to strike them emotionally; when their guard is down, when they are sick, dealing with a loved one's death, etc. present the best times to strike at a person when convert hunting.
Emotion is the game to which religion is most familiar, got thousands of years practise and it's expect in its field.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Free Thought, you're right about their praying on the sick and dying. This woman and her husband make weekly visits to our hospital and she tries to bring the infirmed to gawd. The letters she writes are creepy.
12-04-2014, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2014 12:45 PM by DLJ.)
(12-04-2014 12:52 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  ... praying on the sick and dying.

This woman and her husband make weekly visits to our hospital and she tries to bring the infirm to gawd. The letters she writes are creepy.

That spelling mistake was almost Freudian!

Forgive me if I am not understanding but it sounds like this sad individual is already seen as a joke.

Or do they have some political office or influence to some degree through which the letters are taken seriously?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Often times I see tears and sweats behind success.

From a humanistic point of view I understand that religion objectively help people cope with the fear of their personal death.

[Image: bee3ef62gw1ef7z9hx5qlg201e01emx5.gif]

As for the fundies, behind their enthusiam of preaching, do they still fear death, are they after all not able to fully convince themselves of a eternal happy after life, so that this one was so intrigued by the death your friend's husband ?

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
13-04-2014, 09:09 AM
This gets "better". No point in my telling her I'm atheist as that would strengthen her quest that I take Jesus into my heart. She calls me weekly that they will pick me up for church and I usually beg off with some excuse. Yesterday I told her my hay man was coming to drop off hay for a few livestock. Apparently she called him that he should bring it another time. I wouldn't have known except he called me to double check.
13-04-2014, 09:35 AM
(13-04-2014 09:09 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  This gets "better". No point in my telling her I'm atheist as that would strengthen her quest that I take Jesus into my heart. She calls me weekly that they will pick me up for church and I usually beg off with some excuse. Yesterday I told her my hay man was coming to drop off hay for a few livestock. Apparently she called him that he should bring it another time. I wouldn't have known except he called me to double check.

She might then just think that you are a lapsed christian and that there is still hope for you. Better to tell her that you are an atheist rather than have to make up excuses and have her check up on you.

Or just come out and say it that you have no intention of going to church. You are effectively being bullied into going.