Fundies are killing YouTube

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2012, 12:43 AM
RE: Fundies are killing YouTube
(16-02-2012 11:20 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  fundies keep flagging... videos as "spam" or "misinformation."
... I would also suggest giving the fundies a dose of their own medicine by flagging ...
... but that is underhanded and a crime. .

Surely not a crime if fundie vids contain misinformation which, of course, they all do.
Religion is misinformation, by definition.

Just be careful to distinguish between vids that state an opinion vs those that claim to be factual.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
18-02-2012, 08:31 AM
(17-02-2012 11:10 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't agree that it's better not to stoop to their level. I think that, in many walks for life, scum count on the rest of the world having that viewpoint because it allows them to use the most underhand tactics possible without fear of having them used back.

I say fight fire with fire if it can be done whilst avoiding repercussions.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying not to retaliate at all. I definitely believe retaliation is always viable and legitimate.
It's more a measure of how and what is involved.

Like TF and Potholer for example. They both had many false DMCAs filed against them. Personally, I think filing false DMCAs against their attackers is legitimate. But, if YouTube decided to take their heads out of their asses and do something about this, when the ban hammer falls, it's going to fall just as hard on TF and Potholer as it will on VFX and Dawarawaraha (or whatever his name is). Even though it was a measured response, technically they're just as guilty of false DMCAs as the other guys.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
26-02-2012, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 02:15 PM by ghostexorcist.)
YouTube has decided to label any "religiously offensive" videos as hate speech. This means any video they deem to be offensive can be removed. YouTube's crusade for extreme political correctness is starting to cross the line towards censorship of freedom of speech.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Is it wrong of me to accept this as the norm? I've become so accustomed to it, that I don't even bat an eye at this crap.

I don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. Your disorderly world has a deficit of things worth paying attention to. -Tj
04-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Question though, if they label any "religiously offensive" videos as hate speech, wouldn't they have to label ALL religious videos (baptisms, church sermons, religious anything) as such as well, because it could be offensive to people who don't believe in that, and they are showing a contrary opinion to another sect's beliefs (ex, sprinkling water on babies=saved, vs full body immersion in a big tub=saved)? Likewise, it'd apply to any psychology-based item dealing with autism, or any mental disorder--because some still believe it's demons, so they are being "offensive" to their beliefs. For that matter, any video of any sort, including women in bikinis, could be "religiously offensive" because some might not like women showing skin.

I'm not saying they'd have to stretch it a bit potentially, as none of the videos would be intentionally be doing anything against religion (ex: women in bikinis with a title of "my girls playing" vs the same video with a title of "F*% islam"), but if a video showing science is "hate speech" I could see virtually every video becoming "hate speech" so no videos could exist.
04-08-2012, 08:58 AM
(04-08-2012 08:29 AM)elemts Wrote:  Question though, if they label any "religiously offensive" videos as hate speech, wouldn't they have to label ALL religious videos (baptisms, church sermons, religious anything) as such as well, because it could be offensive to people who don't believe in that, and they are showing a contrary opinion to another sect's beliefs (ex, sprinkling water on babies=saved, vs full body immersion in a big tub=saved)? Likewise, it'd apply to any psychology-based item dealing with autism, or any mental disorder--because some still believe it's demons, so they are being "offensive" to their beliefs. For that matter, any video of any sort, including women in bikinis, could be "religiously offensive" because some might not like women showing skin.

I'm not saying they'd have to stretch it a bit potentially, as none of the videos would be intentionally be doing anything against religion (ex: women in bikinis with a title of "my girls playing" vs the same video with a title of "F*% islam"), but if a video showing science is "hate speech" I could see virtually every video becoming "hate speech" so no videos could exist.

Which is precisely the point of free speech. Free for everyone. Free for all ideas, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Fundies are killing YouTube
Video didn't kill the radio star so fundies will not kill YouTube.

But we are turning Japanese, I really think so.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-08-2012, 04:02 PM
(17-02-2012 11:20 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  One way to deal with it, Download these videos and upload it to as many youtube accounts as you can, even if they get taken down copies of the flagged videos are still out there and can be uploaded anywhere. No matter how hard they try the fundies wont win.

This is exactly the right way to deal with it.

It will also motivate youtube staff to fix their system to prevent abuse. Since uploading copies of videos clogs up their servers.

The other thing is it's detrimental to their search indexing - etc..

Light a fire under the asses of some YouTube staff while fighting censorship.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
04-08-2012, 04:07 PM
(04-08-2012 04:02 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 11:20 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  One way to deal with it, Download these videos and upload it to as many youtube accounts as you can, even if they get taken down copies of the flagged videos are still out there and can be uploaded anywhere. No matter how hard they try the fundies wont win.

This is exactly the right way to deal with it.

It will also motivate youtube staff to fix their system to prevent abuse. Since uploading copies of videos clogs up their servers.

The other thing is it's detrimental to their search indexing - etc..

Light a fire under the asses of some YouTube staff while fighting censorship.

Or, youtube could just put in some video-searching algorithm to see if a video appears to be the same as others, and ban all duplicate videos (especially or only if the video is on a DMCA takedown list--thereby making it pointless).

Really, the system is just broken and needs fixed. From youtube's point of view, duplicates may be a more serious problem than a few people being inconvenienced with wrongful DMCA takedowns.
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
04-08-2012, 04:14 PM
All the guys who have been hit need to get together and pool money for a good lawyer and hit the fundies hard the legal way.

It is the most effective way to shut them up, they have no recourse then.

If you just shoot back with the same methods, they will just go and collect some tithing money and sue you.

It's likely what they want. I would not give it to them.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post