Fundies say the darndest things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2011, 04:12 AM
Fundies say the darndest things
All of us have heard some outrageous things that fundies say. Two of the biggest head shakes for me were,

"How do scientists know that Neanderthal called themselves that? They were not there!"

"God created the rainbow to show that he would never flood the earth again. Before the flood it did not rain so there were no rainbows!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like jimmygun's post
20-10-2011, 04:37 AM
RE: Fundies say the darndest things
Sometimes I really think that all fundies are trolls, religion doesn't exist, and it's all just an over-elaborate practical joke on us atheists. It just seems impossible for anyone to be so stupid.

But then I remember, fundies ARE that stupid Big Grin !!!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
20-10-2011, 07:35 AM
....The gene pool needs chlorine.....lots and lots of chlorine.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
20-10-2011, 12:50 PM
(20-10-2011 04:12 AM)jimmygun Wrote:  "How do scientists know that Neanderthal called themselves that? They were not there!"

Wow that is just... There are no words to describe how stupid that sentence is... After reading that, There is a face palm brewing that would most likely knock me out.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
20-10-2011, 02:19 PM
"God loves you, but if you don't believe that, he'll make you burn forever!"

Sounds more like a crazy ex-GF talking...

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 2 users Like Thammuz's post
21-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm frequent a crafting forum. There is very often a Catholic asking a question and then all the protestants usually pile on them. I'm not sure of the exact quote, but it went something like, "The Catholics persecuted the Christians in Roman times."

Huh? As in Catholics were reponsible for throwing Christians to the lions.

Wow.
[+] 1 user Likes Beachdragon's post
21-10-2011, 11:49 AM
(20-10-2011 04:12 AM)jimmygun Wrote:  All of us have heard some outrageous things that fundies say. Two of the biggest head shakes for me were,

"How do scientists know that Neanderthal called themselves that? They were not there!"

"God created the rainbow to show that he would never flood the earth again. Before the flood it did not rain so there were no rainbows!"

I've never heard either of these before. I'm going to assume/hope that your first example is just you making a joke.

On the second, is that accurate? Are there really people who believe that it did not rain prior to the flood?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
21-10-2011, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2011 01:36 PM by Jesus H Christ.)
UNREPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE. That is all.
21-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I googled "rain before the flood" as a phrase and got about 29,000 hits. Apparently it's a much-discussed question among Xian fundamentalists.

As far as I can tell after looking at this for 10 minutes, the majority take on it seems to be that it "probably" did not rain before the flood, but we can't be sure because the Bible isn't conclusive on the matter. Those who propose the no-rain theory have convoluted pseudo-scientific explanations of how the vegetation got watered during the period when it didn't rain, with evidence coming from . . . Biblical verses (what else?).

If anyone is interested, some representative arguments are here, here, here, and here.

The fundie mind is a wonder to behold.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
21-10-2011, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 09:07 AM by kim.)
Continually trying to "scientifically prove" things, like the flood or how vegetation got watered if it never rained before the flood, is what cracks me up.
If God is all knowing and all powerful, then >POOF< healthy vegetation, >POOF< flood, >POOF< creation. That should be that; we would not even be here to question.
What can be said of faith if one continually needs to prove it? One can not prove faith. It cancels itself out.
>POOF<
Did God make Atheists, too?
>POOF<
kim goes straight to nonexistent hell.
>Poo<
Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post