Fundies say the darndest things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2011, 06:02 PM
RE: Fundies say the darndest things
(24-10-2011 01:19 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Oh, it gets worse than that. For example:

Regarding Noah's ark and the flood, rational people have a nasty way of asking questions like, "What about the kangaroos? Since they only live in Australia, how did they get onto the ark?"

Not to worry. There's a simple, scientific answer perfectly in line with Biblical teaching: Kangaroos used to live in the Middle East!

Ok, so why are there no kangaroos, or other marsupials, anywhere on the planet other than Australia? Man, these people are nuts.

Anyway, I clicked on that site and noticed a hyperlink to "Conservapedia" on Kangaroos and there is something very interesting in there, as follows: "After the Flood, these kangaroos, bred from the Ark passengers, migrated to Australia. There is debate whether this migration happened over land[6] with lower sea levels during the post-flood ice age, or before the super-continent of Pangea broke apart."

I can't believe that fundies believe in Pangea. And, how is it that in ~6,000 years or so the continents broke apart, settled into their current positions ... and virtually stopped moving????? I mean, how is that even possible? And yes, I know the continents still "drift" but the speed is so slow that, in comparison to what the speed had to have been originally, this is like going in reverse.

I don't get it. It must be tough to go through like like that, coming up with batshit crazy explanations for everything.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2011, 06:20 PM
http://www.drdino.com/noah-couldnt-fit-m...o-the-ark/

From one of the sites. Saw it and couldn't help reading. Great comedy material - 2 of all "kinds" of animal could fit on the ark, since they were on average the size of sheep (how does he know this?). Yes, as long as you can pack them all evenly, like dumping them all in a bucket. Would love to see that graphic Big Grin Yes, lions and tigers would have evolved - scratch that, "speciated" - from a common ancestor. And invertebrates are the only animals on the ark, since invertibrates would have survived by floating on rafts of vegetation. Boggles the mind...

Better without God, and happier too.
24-10-2011, 07:44 PM
(24-10-2011 06:02 PM)BnW Wrote:  I don't get it. It must be tough to go through life like that, coming up with batshit crazy explanations for everything.

I don't get it either. What I especially don't get is why they even feel the need to come up with pseudo-scientific explanations to justify what the Bible says happened. Kim made this point earlier in the thread (#10): If God is God, then he can simply snap his God-fingers and defy the laws of physics and biology at will. For God, anything is possible! SNAP--two kangaroos are instantly transported from Australia to the ark. When the flood is over--SNAP, the 'roos are instantly back in Australia. But no, the fundies have to justify everything with claptrap that sounds like science to the uneducated.

Of course, this raises a further question: If God wanted to destroy all of life on earth except for 8 human beings and two (or seven) animals of each "kind," why did he have go through the charade of a flood? With a God-SNAP, all the "evil" people are gone and only Mr. and Mrs. Noah and their sons and wives are left!

He surely moves in mysterious ways, doesn't he.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
24-10-2011, 08:52 PM
For anyone who doubts that large patches of America actually believes this stupidity, I live less than 20 miles from the "Creation Museum" and I can tell you that is is always busy and the parking lot stays full.

BTW: The creation museum's answer as to how animals got to different continents after the flood... They floated on logs across the oceans. I kid you not!!!

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like nontheocrat's post
24-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:cufflink wrote: This splendid article, by the way, is by Dr. Richard Paley, a "teacher of Divinity and Theobiology at Fellowship University."
Huh

I just keep repeating Theobiology, Theobiology...
shit, I don't even have a comeback for that. Rolleyes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-10-2011, 05:41 AM
I asked the fundie if there were rivers and lakes. Yes, he admitted there were rivers and lakes but said they were created from ice and snow melt. There was ice and snow but no rain? Waterfalls had no mist either? Its a ton easier to accept the bible account without question so you don't get bogged down with explanations.
25-10-2011, 06:19 AM
I was "arguing" with one of my EXTREME BIBLE THUMPER "friends" about something that escapes my memory. Anyways. He said something that I had to stop him and get him to try and explain his "logic". The conversation went something like this.
Me: I can't love god as he is insane.
Thumper: How could you say that!? He did all kinds of things for people!
Me: O'RLY? Like flooding the world killing almost everyone and telling soldiers that it's okay to rape cities because they don't believe in him? Sounds like love to me.
Thumper: He only killed all those people to help them!
Me:......................................................................What?
Thumper: He killed them all because they did wrong and god helped them redeem themselves by killing them.
Me: You think that killing them helps them? How many forms of special are you?
Thumper: It makes sense when you think about it.
Me: Okay let's go with that "logic" for a minute. I think that you are wrong so I'm going to "help" you *evil grin*.
Thumper: Oh no......................

It ended up with me putting him in an armbar and him screaming like a little girl....ah good times.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
25-10-2011, 02:38 PM

RE: Fundies say the darnedest things
(24-10-2011 06:02 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(24-10-2011 01:19 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Oh, it gets worse than that. For example:

Regarding Noah's ark and the flood, rational people have a nasty way of asking questions like, "What about the kangaroos? Since they only live in Australia, how did they get onto the ark?"

Not to worry. There's a simple, scientific answer perfectly in line with Biblical teaching: Kangaroos used to live in the Middle East!

Ok, so why are there no kangaroos, or other marsupials, anywhere on the planet other than Australia? Man, these people are nuts.

Anyway, I clicked on that site and noticed a hyperlink to "Conservapedia" on Kangaroos and there is something very interesting in there, as follows: "After the Flood, these kangaroos, bred from the Ark passengers, migrated to Australia. There is debate whether this migration happened over land[6] with lower sea levels during the post-flood ice age, or before the super-continent of Pangea broke apart."

I can't believe that fundies believe in Pangea. And, how is it that in ~6,000 years or so the continents broke apart, settled into their current positions ... and virtually stopped moving????? I mean, how is that even possible? And yes, I know the continents still "drift" but the speed is so slow that, in comparison to what the speed had to have been originally, this is like going in reverse.

I don't get it. It must be tough to go through like like that, coming up with batshit crazy explanations for everything.

BnW,
If the Kanga's & Company, that are exclusive to Austrialia only, migrated...they...like those in Exodus..left behind ZERO evidence of said migration.
Certainly there would be a dead Roo or Two left behind and its skeleton preserved in the fossil record...in somewhere...oh like India, Iraq or somewhere in Persia. Nope we only find those critters Down Under.

Our problem is that we expect FACTS and a Fair Fight. They are not bothered with Facts and make shit up with the confidence of a snake oil salesman.
The Palinization of a Nation continues! This place just gets dumber and dumber!

Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2011, 02:48 AM

Hey all Big Grin

Myself and a few friends had a debate over facebook with a devout christian, who denied evolution and refused to believe the universe might have come about through something other than creation, even going so far as to call anyone who believes the scientific explanation to be 'pathetic' and 'ignorant'. Heres a few choice quotes:

Quote: Only a fool would say that a 747 airplane could come about by a tornado blowing through a refuse yard that contained the parts to the airplane, or a camera came about by blind chance. Only a fool would believe that a web site could create itself in cyberspace without the intervention of a programmer, even though all the ingredients exist there.Yet many so called intelligent people believe that the universe came about by pure chance.

Thats right folks, because a plane cant build itself that means that the forces of gravity and chemical reactions etc. cant have possibly formed the universe! Creationism, proven.

Quote: To believe that all this plus much more, came about without a God/designer/programer is absolutely pathetic. This belief is worse than a fable or farytale, it is the most extreme form of ignorance possible.

Yep, we're all ignorant fools for not believing the same thing as this guy. Religious tolerance at its finest.

Quote: The only alternative to chance is constructive design and enlightened people understand that where there is design, there is always a designer.

Yeah, "enlightened people" lets go with that...

Quote: And btw, evolution only keeps changing because they can't support their own pathetic 'theory' because Scientists supporting Creation keep on proving them (the ones who support evolution) wrong.

Well, thats 'pathetic' evolution completely debunked. I think i may just have to convert after being made aware of this astounding piece of evidence Dodgy

Ultimately, we won the argument and made this guy apologise for calling us all pathetic and ignorant fools, but it was entertaining the none the less, if a little sad. Undecided
Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2011, 10:31 AM
A co-worker of mine got mad at me because I refused to take sides in politics and religion. Basically, he likes finding people that oppose his viewpoints and baffle them with his logic. His warning to me was:
"God is going to spit you out!" I asked for an explanation and he showed me the babble verse ... turns out god doesn't like lukewarm stuff in his mouth!

I then made him angrier, to the point where he stopped speaking and ignored my presence in his office, by saying "It's in revelations!?! Man, revelations doesn't count -"