Fundies say the darndest things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2012, 04:48 AM
RE: Fundies say the darndest things
(10-01-2012 04:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  FB friend posted John Piper's status update for today:
"When I face Christ in the last day I'd rather be chastened as too simple than too skeptical. Ready to believe, not resistant."

i.e. "Stupidity is a virtue."

I've chastened myself many a time for thinking that way. Such a weird and wonderful life it is that I one time thought John Piper was a hero of my faith, and now he just comes across as sounding like a jackwagon.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-01-2012, 06:58 AM
that's a very very weird statement.
Is that guy lazy when it comes to thinking and reasoning?
Does he really honestly think that he'd better be dumb? Because that's what he says when he talks about rather being simple than too skeptical.

I really and honestly can't understand people who talk like that?
I have never been that way, not even when I was delusional, I still kept asking....

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
10-01-2012, 07:39 AM
(10-01-2012 06:58 AM)Leela Wrote:  that's a very very weird statement.
Is that guy lazy when it comes to thinking and reasoning?
Does he really honestly think that he'd better be dumb? Because that's what he says when he talks about rather being simple than too skeptical.

I really and honestly can't understand people who talk like that?
I have never been that way, not even when I was delusional, I still kept asking....

John Piper is a *very* popular Christian leader type guy. I have a couple of friends who're keen on him... bad news when leaders are advocating stupidity as a way of life.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I like to cheout politifact whenever i wanna laugh and cry on how politicians are stupid and corrupt
http://www.politifact.com/

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
10-01-2012, 08:39 PM
[Image: Bnvod.png]

Here's one I just saw.
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
(10-01-2012 08:39 PM)GwJ Wrote:  [Image: Bnvod.png]

Here's one I just saw.

Wow, how dare he compare a sacred story to those silly myths?Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2012, 05:15 PM
ahh, I wish I knew this site existed before, because I would have saved the sources for the ones I have saved on my PC Sad

I'll post some I have saved anyways, if anyone curious....

Quote:you going to heello you fukkin idiot you shut up u gonan gte a enternal HELLL abd then you willk regret you saying the BULLSHIT LIES ANDBOUT MY GOd die you fuken idiot ur obviously take wat u were given by god as a jokes u fucken reartded
Quote:Are you that detached from reality that you wouldn't want to talk to God?
Quote:scientist have proven that atheists are wrong. he got a single cell and left it in the best climate (you know, the right temperature and the right amount of salt and water, you know what it would need to "EVOLVE" after leaving it there for a few years the cell was still the same, so the changed a few things (so from water a more earth set out climate) and it died, so now we should all know we are created by GOD.
Quote:The atheists searches for something that supports their position without challenging it.
Quote:
Creationist Museum comments:

My wife and I visited the Creation Museum for our 35th wedding anniversary, a gift from our rocket scientist son. We enjoyed it immensely. Evolution is a fairy tale using "millions of years" to magically transform a frog into a prince. The evolutionary worldview has contradictions, assumptions, and interpretations that distort true scientific evidence. The Christian worldview is the only worldview that can explain absolute morality in our conscience, logical debate, and the uniformity of nature in its design and workings. We invite evolutionists, Christians and all others to investigate this wonderful museum and realize that God is our Creator and Savior. Thanks so much to Answers In Genesis for this magnificent museum.

I loved this museum. I loved everything about it. It is based on the Bible and the Bible is true. There are moving dinosaurs, a talking Methuselah, The Garden of Eden, part of Noah's Ark, and a lot lot more. There are gardens outside and a petting zoo. We drove seven hours at least, but it was worth every mile traveled and every penny spent. They had quite a few affordable things in the gift store and I bought more than I usually do for a gift shop. We got to see Buddy Davis perform, and it was very entertaining and inspirational at the same time. His songs are for young and old alike and are sure to get stuck in your head. Please ignore the reviews of the people who just went or commented because they want to mock God and his creation. We can all just continue to pray for them because unless they change their mind before it is too late, they will miss out on all the blessings God has in store for them if they just believe.

Finally, a museum with accurate facts about our world, our history, and our faith. A golden beacon in the fog of secular misunderstandings that plague our nation's school books and curriculum.

"it is a principle innate and co-natural to every man to have an insatiable inclination to the truth, and to seek for it as for hid treasure..."
-Thomas Aikenhead
[+] 3 users Like Mia's post
22-01-2012, 11:35 PM
A new one from the Yahoo! comments on a gay marriage article

Quote:If we all evolved, the why didn't evolution provide a way in nature for two male or females to be able to produce off-spring?

"it is a principle innate and co-natural to every man to have an insatiable inclination to the truth, and to seek for it as for hid treasure..."
-Thomas Aikenhead
[+] 2 users Like Mia's post
28-01-2012, 12:01 AM

I haven't been on recently due to sickness. Some of my friends are praying to me but I've rationally decided to go with human medicine than with blind faith.

Faith doesn't seem to work. Joking aside, I remembered hearing about something like this in the news and can't believe what makes any human completely forget about the survival of their children for some prayer which obviously hasn't worked in the past. Now there are some 'miracles' but unless this has a 100 percent chance rate than I hardly would ever think of such a thing.

Now with my first two videos. I recently saw as a commercial on YouTube and I was a bit surprised. The one with the Indian family changing their faith because of human intervention is saddening. I would do the same if I was dying of thirst and a change of religion would give me a well.

The second is atrocious because I feel it gives Christians a superiority complex which is dangerous. We are better than you. Only conflict can arise from this.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
09-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I had to print-save this...

from a recent Yahoo! article about China using dead fetuses in "natural" medicine

[Image: 2q1uq2d.jpg]

-Thomas Aikenhead
[+] 2 users Like Mia's post