Funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
RE: Funeral
(01-09-2010 05:53 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  Burying people in the ground is a ridiculous waste of land. Considering your will be dust in a few hundred years, the concept of being buried is completely stupid.

<snip>

Stop wasting land. Your dead. Your life is over. Screw off and let other people get on with theirs without taking up precious room on this already strained planet.

*shrugs*

To each their own, I suppose. I personally think a burial is a perfectly fine thing. The planet isn't nearly as overpopulated as people seem to think - at least, not in the areas where I plan to be buried. And hey, dead bodies provide nice soil nutrients, so if the rest of society ends up thinking like you, just go ahead and plop an oak on me.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2010, 06:51 PM
(01-09-2010 05:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I want my tombstone to have a picture of a twenty-sided die with the 1 facing upwards. Underneath, in large, Gothic letters, will be the words FORTITUDE SAVE.

LOL!!!
Thank you for that. =P

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2010, 07:02 PM
There are a couple of "body farms" in the US associated with universities where they study decomposition of remains for the purpose of furthering the study of forensic science. I've no desire to spend eternity in a box under ground so burying is no good and I hate extreme heat so cremation has little appeal to me. So, it's off to the body farm I go.

I'm hoping I can get a nice shady spot under a tree or something. That would be nice.

Btw, I'm not kidding about this.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
01-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I myself planning to spend my life as that of a modern warrior -warrior philosophy modernized-
want a "samurai's good bye" wherein I will be put into a crudely built wooden boat, weights added just in case. With whatever my preferred weapons happened to be -all cleaned and loosely reassembled- then I will be doused in gasoline and accelerants, set on fire and left to drift into the water.

The funny thing is most of you reading this probably think I'm joking, when I'm entirely not ^.^

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
03-09-2010, 09:29 AM
I probably want to be burried in a secular cementary (which we have 2 in Israel), because it is probably the best option I have which is legal and doesn't give me shiver when I think about it-like being cremated (from obvious reasons.........I think).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Interesting, I wonder just off the bat how many here are organ donors? I count three(including myself) when it was just briefly mentioned. And some people dare to say atheists don't have moralsRolleyes

As for what to do with my body? I couldn't care less. The most environmentally friendly thing I suppose would be my first choice, but I think I would leave up to my family. The whole ceremony would be mostly just to comfort them.

And a little story of mine that is relevant. My grandmother had a friend who was a staunch atheist that died recently. She had a brother, who was deeply religious, and despite everything in her will and everything she said, he still help a religious ceremony for her. And when she was on her death bed, he even brought a priest in, trying to convert her, have her confess her sins, and give her last rites, all that lovely stuff. Point is, those of you will with close religious relatives might not get the funeral you want.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
05-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:Interesting, I wonder just off the bat how many here are organ donors?

My wife and I are both organ donors. Where we live it is an option on your drivers license that we both checked. It is stated unambiguously on both our drivers license that we are organ donors, and have consented. That way, if something happens to us they don't have to wait to get consent or try to talk to a grieving spouse about needing to chop one of us up. It's actually a good system, so good that I'm surprised the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania came up with it (we are not a model of efficiency here).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:Interesting, I wonder just off the bat how many here are organ donors?
There's gonna be a law in Finland that everyone, who hasnt been against organ donations or has stated that he/she doesnt want to donate, is automatically an organ donator when they die. I think its because so many dont think about organ donation, but arent against it, so when they die, all the good organs go with them.
So, I dont have to do anything to become an organ donator (Im pretty sure I wont die before the law).

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
05-09-2010, 02:04 PM

I am absolutely an organ donor

I donate pianos, ukuleles, and guitars, too. (kidding)

But I believe that everyone should donate if possible
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2010, 02:32 PM

My folks will most definitely try to make my funeral as Christian-themed as possible, so I'm going to sign a paper saying I want my funeral to be secular in every way.

And I would like to be cremated after I donate my organs.
Quote this message in a reply