Funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2010, 10:24 AM
RE: Funeral
I want to donate my body to science and when they are done with my body I want it to be cremated. I like the idea of planting a tree where my cremated remains are buried, sounds cool.

As far as funeral memorials...I want it to be a place where my friends and family will just share memories. No prayers or hymns, just sharing memories. No religious undertones either. Hopefully my wishes are respected seeing that my entire family is christian, even my wife. But she respects my non-belief
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I´m LOVING the "being nutrition for a tree" idea! could there be a better way to end a live than by becoming nutrition for a new one? If they could make it grow in Norway, I would love it if they could plant a Sequoiadendron (big fan).

If they insist on putting me in a casket, I DEMAND it be shaped like the cockpit of a X-Wing!

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
17-09-2010, 10:33 PM
(17-09-2010 11:33 AM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  If they insist on putting me in a casket, I DEMAND it be shaped like the cockpit of a X-Wing!

Now that's living.Tongue
18-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Or possibly frozen in carbonite... Carbonite would also be good..

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
18-09-2010, 02:12 PM
(11-09-2010 09:57 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  I've been inspired to have "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" by Monty Python to be played at whatever kind of gathering takes place after my death. Smile

That is the best idea ever!

Always look on the bright side of death *whistle*

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
18-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I would like to be placed in the middle of a creationist church in an open topped coffin, and left there until my body has totally decayed to dust.